PDA

View Full Version : Paint on vinyl seats...?

Glass
05-15-2015, 09:16 AM
I bought a Mini Cooper used, and there seems to be blue paint splatter on the passenger side seat. Any tips for removing it? It's not fresh by any means.

JimmyH5
05-15-2015, 07:42 PM
I've had good luck with Mothers VLR on exactly this issue... took a few applications, but prefer a few tries than something that might be too strong.

JimmyH5
05-15-2015, 07:51 PM
PS... if you don't want/need the leather smell of Mothers, AA all-purpose interior cleaner is a good cleaner... like $4.

EliteDetailing
05-15-2015, 09:47 PM
I've successfully used an aerosol product from Hi Tech called Super Solv. As far as solvents go it's not as aggressive as paint thinner, yet it has done great with various interior paint removal issues I've had with some of my clients. Just test an area with this or any product before using it on the visible areas. Good luck.

Glass
05-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Awesome thanks so much for the suggestions guys! I had Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, but I'm afraid that wasn't strong enough. The spots aren't really huge (probably one about the size of a nickel, a few more the size of a dime), but they are driving me absolutely nuts!