PDA

View Full Version : Iron-X after Sonax on wheels?

CC268
05-13-2015, 11:49 PM
Do I need to use Iron-X after using Sonax FE on my wheels or am I just wasting the Iron-X. I mainly got Iron-X for my paint...

Thanks!

dcjredline
05-13-2015, 11:53 PM
I doubt you would need to IX after FE. If you really want to use the IX by itself. It is a GREAT wheel cleaner.

MikeC78
05-13-2015, 11:58 PM
You already are de-ironing the wheels with Sonax FE. That's the whole point of the color changing product. No need for the IronX, unless you want to waste product.

DetailedByPrecision
05-14-2015, 12:02 AM
If I were to coat the wheels and want a surface as clean as possible I would use this approach:

Use wheel cleaner to attack the bulk dirt/brake dust
Iron X after (nothing in the way to allow the chemical to do it's job to it's fullest potential)
Clay (above surface decontamination & picking up whatever Iron X left behind)

BMW435
05-14-2015, 07:07 AM
I only use Iron X on wheels for brake dust that won't come off with Sonax

KyleWrap
05-14-2015, 08:27 AM
I always thought using Iron X on wheels wouldn't be a good idea just because you don't want it to get on the rotors? Guess you just gotta be careful.

Avi@CarPro
05-14-2015, 09:39 AM
You already are de-ironing the wheels with Sonax FE. That's the whole point of the color changing product. No need for the IronX, unless you want to waste product. Sonax as much as i know is based on acid thioglycolic , its little different from our tech, IronX attack stronger iron dust , the color change means reaction with irons and metals but how deep or strong it react is the question.

I always thought using Iron X on wheels wouldn't be a good idea just because you don't want it to get on the rotors? Guess you just gotta be careful.
there is no poblem with the rotor discs, water wash the melting dust away. its also safe on the calipers , most of them, just dont spray on hot surface and dont leave it hours to dry on them.. HTH