PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Klasse SG?

makdaddy626
09-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Was thinking about picking some of the KSG up with my next order - I used my KAIO under a coat of MaxWax on my brother-in-laws M5 this weekend (pics coming later) and really liked the cleaning and hard shine of the Klasse. I've seen lots of people reference the Klasse products as "bullet proof" and was wondering...

a) Has the protection of the Klasse twins been surpassed by newer products?

b) Is the application of KSG really that tricky?

c) Why, if the answer to a) is "no" aren't the twins more popular? I hardly ever see anyone using them in a show-and-shine?

budman3
09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
a- The durability of Klasse is still great. Some products that may outlast it are Collinite, Duragloss, Zaino or Ultima.

b- Not if you go thin and wipe on and wipe off.

c- The Klasse Twins look good to detailing newbies. For some reason a lot of people start with them... which is fine. There are other products out there that may not last as long but look a lot better.

makdaddy626
09-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks budman, I think the reason so many newbies start with Klasse can be seen by looking at things like "The Forum Favorite" kit, the name implies it's what everyone is using... on another site, Klasse shows up again as part of "the perfect shine"

Al-53
09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
I used Klasse Twins for years...and still do ...its a great product....some have problems removing it..it takes 1 or 2 times useing it then you get the technique on how it works best for you...I use to use the wipe on wipe off at first for the fear of it being a bear to remove.....then I used a mister bottle to apply it and let it sit a few hours..and not a problem removing it....I think temps play a big part with the removal ...if humid its tuff..when dry its nice and easy....

topped with Collinite its a bullet proof system....great winter protection....

AL

Surfer
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I would just use a good sealant like DG 105 and top it with some Collinite 915 for a durable great looking combo. SG is durable but extremely finicky, best if used in a small mister bottle like for alcohol and it looks kinda sterile/blahhh.

Al-53
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I would just use a good sealant like DG 105 and top it with some Collinite 915 for a durable great looking combo. SG is durable but extremely finicky, best if used in a small mister bottle like for alcohol and it looks kinda sterile/blahhh.

It does have a sterile look ..more of just gloss..no depth.....thats why a good wax topper is good...and can be finicky as said...some days works great..some tuff as nails to remove if used to thick....a sprayer worked great to get a nice thin coat

105 is a real good sealant..my favorite....it has the durabilty as Klasse...but a better look also....it has depth and nice wet look....

but again..klasse is a good product....

Al

ScottB
09-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Klasse Twins are nearly a bulletproof combo. Adding any spray sealant or spray qd'er with gloss will make it look glossier which is a good thing as these products have been around for 25+ years. I hope you do a search as SG is a bear to remove unless you follow my advice and use a small travel size spray bottle and remove almost immediately and buff till gone.

Other than Zaino specifically, I have found NOTHING that matches its durability.

makdaddy626
09-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. I would definately be topping with something else for for looks, MaxWax is the poison of chose right now.

CalgaryDetail
09-05-2007, 09:46 AM
like mentioned. these products look great. Thet are some awsome looking prdocuts however SG is not easy to work with. It is defintly a pain to remove SG. (its a good arm work out)
I would recomened getting wolf gang deep gloss sealent instead of klasse. Both arte great but becasue WGDGS is easier to work with it gets my recomendation

makdaddy626
09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Calgary, I have WGDGPS and like it. But, since I'm covering it up with a wax anyway, I just got to thinking, maybe the extra effort would be worth it and save some time in the end. Assuming that Klasse protects that much longer, I could suffer through the application and then just top with wax for 6 months, before doing another full detail. I worry that I won't get as long lasting protection with the WG.

Surfer
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks Calgary, I have WGDGPS and like it. But, since I'm covering it up with a wax anyway, I just got to thinking, maybe the extra effort would be worth it and save some time in the end. Assuming that Klasse protects that much longer, I could suffer through the application and then just top with wax for 6 months, before doing another full detail. I worry that I won't get as long lasting protection with the WG.Don't bother with SG, get Duragloss 105 for durablility and and excellent looks. 105 + Collinite = bullet proof combo.

CalgaryDetail
09-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't bother with SG, get Duragloss 105 for durablility and and excellent looks. 105 + Collinite = bullet proof combo.

I agree DG 105 with the bonding agent thing is a wicked sealent. it lasts forever and loks geat. I have never tried it with collinte so i can comment on that. I have howevr tried it with zymol titaium and itlooks awsome