PDA

View Full Version : Tons of salt used 50/50 vinegar help with smell now........

ccapital83
05-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Ok no stranger to salt as I live 50 minutes away from canada we get hit hard every year with snow which in turn means TONS OF SALT so this year was a nightmare and on top of that this new civic doesnt even have carpet its a terrible hard flat surfaced material which loves salt ever so much. So for the first time I was defeated by salt man I tried everything and I consider myself borderline pro dealing with salt since I have my whole life. This year between the floor material and the excessive salt I really had my work cut out for me. Long story short after a 50/50 of filtered water and white vinegar and a hard brush I was able to completely remove the salt. So I was extremely excited and started the extraction process I did multiple steps between carpet shampoo and a actual shampoo extractor and multiple hot water rinses. It got to a point where I did it so much I was just wasting my time. Now for the life of me I cannot get the vinegar smell out. its driving me insane. I even tried the coffee trick which literally gets rid of dead body smell. I cannot possible extract the carpets anymore there's no way anything is left. I tried air fresheners also. I only sprayed the solution on the actual salt spots I didn't spray entire floor with it either it was just the problem areas. Will this eventually go away or am I screwed? and tips?