PDA

View Full Version : Need help with paint imperfections

iaff78
05-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Need some help identifying some issues with my paint. This is on a white 2012 Chevy Traverse that I just bought used. The first pic is on the roof next to the sunroof. Its dark in color and its all over the roof of the truck. Just wondering if a simple wash, clay, compound and polish will do the trick.

The second pic is of tiny rust colored spots over the lower half of the truck. Some have no texture and others feel like a grain of salt. Not sure if this is rail rust or not.

Any help on how to remove both of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/k140db/black_zps7hxt5fpz.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/k140db/rust_zpsjts2ssjf.jpg

trekkeruss
05-11-2015, 11:30 PM
The first pic, I would say maybe even a non-abrasive paint cleaner would clear that up. The second looks like it could be iron deposits; Iron-X would take care of it.

Don M
05-12-2015, 05:56 AM
The first pic, I would say maybe even a non-abrasive paint cleaner would clear that up. The second looks like it could be iron deposits; Iron-X would take care of it.

I agree, #1 looks like embedded dirt on top of the paint and #2 looks like iron deposits. I see some swirls in #1 so you might want to use a mild polish to clean up the paint on top, and Iron-X for the rust particles/staining

Paul A.
05-12-2015, 08:55 AM
I have to agree with both trekkeruss and Don M.

iaff78
05-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure. Now, I've never used IronX before and was wondering what effects it has on the black trim?

Thanks,
Kevin

Don M
05-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure. Now, I've never used IronX before and was wondering what effects it has on the black trim?

Thanks,
Kevin

Unless the black trim is uncoated iron, nothing. Iron-X eats ferrous metal plastic is safe from its effects.

iaff78
05-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Unless the black trim is uncoated iron, nothing. Iron-X eats ferrous metal plastic is safe from its effects.

Awesome. Thanks.