PDA

View Full Version : Next Detailing Boot Camp Class - July 17th, 18th & 19th

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

whavens
06-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Can't wait Camel. Now the waiting will be even harder with the new announcement. I was happy that I was going to be working on one of my favorites, the SSR. But this announcement has me on pins and needles.

Walter

TheCamel
06-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Mike,

I am having a hard time trying to figure out if you are a guru of detailing, or a guru of suspense... where are the new pics to drool over?

Mike Phillips
06-13-2015, 11:17 AM
where are the new pics to drool over?

The owner didn't attend our cars and coffee show today. Not sure what kept him from attending and bringing his car so I was unable to take any pictures today.

He did send me this one however...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=95754

The owner is a friend of mine and the 1956 Chevy Bel Air Convertible at our last class was his car.

Since I have not been able to see the car in person I would have to say this Cadillac is only about 90% locked in for the July class. He's offered it but I still have to see it and inspect it to see what if anything it needs.

It's a beauty though.... and lots of real estate to work on!

:)

whavens
06-13-2015, 05:51 PM
I used to have a '72 Eldorado convertible. Man that car was like driving around in your living room. Not an economy car though.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

BillE
06-14-2015, 08:04 AM
Real-estate? Mike that is ACERAGE!

Beautiful car...

Bill

TheCamel
06-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Got the hotel locked in, little out of the way, but I am a smoker, and not much out there with the quality. Can't wait.

Mike Phillips
06-22-2015, 09:55 AM
More first hand testimony....

The class was fantastic! I learned a lot of great things I can apply to my business and met a lot of really cool people.

Mike was great, as expected. And Nick really helped walk me through a lot of decisions on products and equipment. He's practically a walking catalog!

I hope to come down for a Thursday sometime, but the eight hour drive may delay that for a while. (Let me know when you do something in Georgia!)

I need to get back to my shopping now (thanks, Nick! http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/xyxthumbs.gif).

I'll start posting some of my projects soon!

Thanks again!

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
06-22-2015, 01:46 PM
More first hand testimony....

I had a great time at boot camp! It met and exceeded all of my expectations. The hands-on training was great; we got to try out so many products and different pieces of equipment.

Many thanks to Mike, Nick, Brian, and Andre for putting on such a great event. I highly encourage anyone who is thinking about going to get signed up.

I am usually not up early on the weekends, but I was so excited to get to class Saturday and Sunday that I was up and out of bed as soon as the alarm went off.

Today was a different story, knowing that I just had to head to the airport to fly back home.

What else can I say other than Mike http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/urtheman.gif

Thanks Dan!

Mike Phillips
06-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Another testimony from a past student....

This class was absolutely awesome. I learned more information and had plenty of opportunity to learn to use new equipment than I thought was possible during a two-day training. It was great to work with one of the top professionals in the industry.

I had two goals in mind I wanted to take away from this class. The first was to introduce myself to different polishers. Currently, I use the Porter Cable and want to purchase a second, more advanced polisher, and with so many on the market, I was unsure of which one. My new polisher will be the Flex. My second goal was exactly how Mike Phillips stated, and that was to bring my comfort level up with paint correction.

I detail for a living. Beyond the above, I learned some new information that can improve my business skills, assess a potential client's needs, and realistically - from both my client's perspective and mine - meet those needs. I was also introduced to new compounds, polishes, and waxes that I can add to or replace what is currently in my arsenal.

In Ken Robinson's book, "The Element," he writes about doing your passion and being in your "tribe," and how this helps create a successful and satisfying life. It was great to spend a weekend with both enthusiasts and other detailers doing this work for a living. Thanks for recognizing our passion Nick, and thank you for all of your guidance too!

TheCamel
06-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Mike can we get an approximate head count on class size so far?

Mike Phillips
06-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Another testimony....

Awesome Weekend!

I had high expectations before the class, but it was better than I could have ever imagined.

Mike has a great approach to teaching by offering hands on training which makes everything even more interesting.

It was great to try out all of the tools and different chemicals.

If anyone is thinking about going to the next class I highly recommend it!

Thanks Mike, Nick and everyone at Autogeek!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

TheCamel
07-01-2015, 07:35 AM
I am seeing that Walter, my daughter and myself are going to have a lot of polishing to do...

Where is all the intrest in this?

Mike Phillips
07-01-2015, 07:53 AM
I am seeing that Walter, my daughter and myself are going to have a lot of polishing to do...

Where is all the interest in this?

Most the people that attend our classes are not from the forum world. If you look at the "replies" to the pictures and comments threads I create for the classes a majority of the replies (which are testimonies about the class), the post count for the person is 1

Then sometimes the student finds they like discussion forums and continues to post or at least posts once in a while but a lot of the people that attend our classes are not active on forums.

:xyxthumbs:

Aaryn NZ
07-02-2015, 02:53 AM
Most the people that attend our classes are not from the forum world. If you look at the "replies" to the pictures and comments threads I create for the classes a majority of the replies (which are testimonies about the class), the post count for the person is 1

Then sometimes the student finds they like discussion forums and continues to post or at least posts once in a while but a lot of the people that attend our classes are not active on forums.

I noticed this, & was very surprised by it when I came over for Januarys Boot Camp. I think there was only myself & "AZ Mike" that were forum members. A bit of a shock but certainly took nothing at all away from how awesome Boot Camp is/was.

Aaryn NZ.

Mike Phillips
07-07-2015, 12:10 PM
***Update***

Griot's has provided ten brand new Boss polishers for the upcoming 3-day Detailing Boot Camp Class. Plus all the pads and chemicals to outfit the tools.

There will be 5 brand new G21s and 5 brand new G15s plus the Griot's 6" and 3" dual action polishers including 4 brand new Griot's 6" DA Polishers.

I just took this picture out in the Show Car Garage, check it out!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=96730