PDA

View Full Version : Where's the first place you go after buying a brand new Laguna Blue Z06?

Andre
05-11-2015, 12:50 PM
AUTOGEEK! If you're anywhere near Stuart, FL that is!

Customer came to Autogeek right after he had picked up his brand new Laguna Blue Corvette Z06. I couldn't believe my eyes, the color was so beautiful. First time seeing that color in person and I would have to say it's my favorite right now. The car had just a little over 200 miles on it. What a gorgeous car! One of many reasons why I love working at Autogeek :props: Here are some pictures:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=94896

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=94895

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=94897

Thanks for looking!

addysdaddy
05-11-2015, 01:10 PM
beautiful ride. congrats to the owner

Kamakaz1961
05-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Wow! SSSSWWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!

DetailKitty
05-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Love that color!

So was the paint in good shape????????

cardaddy
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a good start to me Andre.:dblthumb2:

Easily Laguna blue (and even Lemans blue) have been my favorite color(s) for years now. Check out my S&S back in Feb for a LT3 Z51 I did. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/88959-2015-corvette-stingray-c7-3lt-z51-laguna-blue-pbl-coating-detailed-reflection-auto-spa.html

Still amazes me how many problems in the paint for a car that comes out of a white glove plant, completely wrapped, and shipped in an enclosed truck though. :dunno: (Check out the back of the spoiler in that S&S thread for something that'll make you scream!!!!!)

DetailKitty
05-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Still amazes me how many problems in the paint for a car that comes out of a white glove plant, completely wrapped, and shipped in an enclosed truck though. :dunno: (Check out the back of the spoiler in that S&S thread for something that'll make you scream!!!!!)

Those images in your write up don't surprise me. Excellent job BTW :dblthumb2:

DaveT435
05-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Hopefully I will be working on one of these in a couple weeks. Haven't seen it yet but apparently the owner backed into something with a sharp edge and removed paint in a straight line. After being quoted 2K to repair it he tried to touch it up with touch up paint himself. From what I hear it isn't pretty.

FUNX650
05-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Well done on the C7 Z06, GM. Well done! :dblthumb2:

Bob

Jaretr1
05-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Dream car. Lottery ticket purchase commence!

Dmb5450
05-11-2015, 04:52 PM
That color is awesome! That would be awesome to have in the garage.

05-11-2015, 05:40 PM
That is one sweet ride and color, I bet it's even more stunning in person. Thanks for sharing Andre!

cardaddy
05-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Those images in your write up don't surprise me. Excellent job BTW :dblthumb2:

Yup... the RIDS, swirls, and scuffs didn't surprise me either.

But... that basecoat fubar on the spoiler, then that it was buffed (look closely at the photos) to the point where it was buffed completely through (black showing) THEN it was cleared.

And if that wasn't enough... it was installed on the bumper cover and the entire assembly was then installed on the car. :banghead:

The guy waited 4 months for THAT.

Hopefully I will be working on one of these in a couple weeks. Haven't seen it yet but apparently the owner backed into something with a sharp edge and removed paint in a straight line. After being quoted 2K to repair it he tried to touch it up with touch up paint himself. From what I hear it isn't pretty.

Don't envy that job Dave. :eek:
I had a looooonnng metal deep scratch on a door of a new Sentra a while back that had to be filled with touch up paint.

After buffing and cleaning up the rough edges I went to work. Took vinyl edging tape and got right up to the edge then filled it with several layers if touch up paint (allowed them to dry between). Then took the tape off, used tiny squares of paper and feather sanded it all (along with my trusty Megs denibbing block). Finally buffed it and it was good enough to keep the guy from paying Enterprise for the damage. ;) (Still had a long crease in it, but no bare metal showing.) :rolleyes: