PDA

View Full Version : Aww, My shmitt disentigrated

Pages : [1] 2

investinwaffles
09-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Yup, i was washing my car today and the two parts seperated (the white and yellow parts).

Does anyone know if these things have a waranty on them (i got mine in mid-july)? :o

CalgaryDetail
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
how many washes have you done with it?

Reddwarf
09-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Mid July?! You should contact Meghan, unless you have put it through the washer and dryer I can't see why this would have happened.

Surfer
09-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Mine tore two weeks ago, just out of nowhere, glue is still there but the white foam tore from it :(

klumzypinoy
09-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I accidentally poked a hole on mine :p but it's still good! Had mine since January and it's still running strong. I'm going to get an Ulti Mitt once I retire it.

supercharged
09-04-2007, 04:35 AM
just contact Meghan, and she will take care of you.

Meghan
09-04-2007, 05:27 AM
just contact Meghan, and she will take care of you.

Listen to the wise supercharged, send me an email with your info.
Meghan@palmbeachmotoring.net
Thanks

investinwaffles
09-04-2007, 05:36 AM
how many washes have you done with it?

No more than 20 washes.

And i have not put it through the washer/dryer - only rinsed it out by hand and left to dry.

I will contact meghan today. Thanks for the help guys!

Brandon1
09-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Yeah, mine did that to. I was just told to buy another one by the Edge guys!

A1monky
09-04-2007, 07:09 AM
The same thing just happened to me, Meghan took care of it right away.
Its nice to know she has our backs when stuff breaks. :D

JohnnyO35
09-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Brandon, let's put it in its proper context, you got 100+ commerical washes out of yours.

Brandon1
09-04-2007, 01:23 PM
It still should not have ripped though, if others are having the same problem, that means it's something that should be fixed no matter how many washes it has had. This is not a matter of wear, it's a matter of quality. People are saying thiers have ripped after 2-3 washes, and mine after 100, so that does not matter IMO.

Gary Sword
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
It still should not have ripped though, if others are having the same problem, that means it's something that should be fixed no matter how many washes it has had. This is not a matter of wear, it's a matter of quality. People are saying thiers have ripped after 2-3 washes, and mine after 100, so that does not matter IMO.

I don't think ripped is the correct term. The product does seem to have a problem coming unglued. I know one of mine did. The product did not cost big bucks so I have not been worried about getting a replacement. I initially purchased a number of ShMitts but I'm do think I would buy anymore unless Edge addresses the problem. AG is great about taking care of any problems with any products they sell. From my stand point I would like to know that Edge at least acknowledges that there is a problem and fixes it before I would purchase anymore more. I know people from Edge do get on the forum and the ShMitt coming unglued problem has come up on threads numerous times. It would be nice to hear from Edge about the problem.

Surfer
09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't think ripped is the correct term. The product does seem to have a problem coming unglued. I know one of mine did. The product did not cost big bucks so I have not been worried about getting a replacement. I initially purchased a number of ShMitts but I'm do think I would buy anymore unless Edge addresses the problem. AG is great about taking care of any problems with any products they sell. From my stand point I would like to know that Edge at least acknowledges that there is a problem and fixes it before I would purchase anymore more. I know people from Edge do get on the forum and the ShMitt coming unglued problem has come up on threads numerous times. It would be nice to hear from Edge about the problem.Yeh I had no problems with mine till 2 weeks ago, used maybe once/twice a month since January, there was a small tear that started that everyone else seem to have right at the hand opening, then out of nowhere it just tore, the white foam tore away from the glue:(. Still love the shmit.

Dust2Glory
09-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah, mine did that to. I was just told to buy another one by the Edge guys!

Was told the same thing... I went with the LC Ulti-mitt and it's alot better than the schmitt