PDA

View Full Version : Pads have to be dry?

scooterguitar
06-18-2006, 10:00 AM
My pc will be here anyday now! So, I know to clean the pads, but do they have ot be comepletely dry before using again? Simply put, I will only have a limited supply of them and have to use the same pads for several products within a short time from each product.
And, after all my research; it seems as though most people only use a pc for compound, polish, and glaze? Not sealants or any LSP?I love doing a carnuba by hand, I figure doing a sealant like EX w/pc would be alright?:confused:

ScottB
06-18-2006, 10:01 AM
store them dried ... wash after each use. You will likely want to dampen them right before use with a qd'er to help the polish work/spread easier.

BILL
06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
My pc will be here anyday now! So, I know to clean the pads, but do they have ot be comepletely dry before using again? Simply put, I will only have a limited supply of them and have to use the same pads for several products within a short time from each product.
And, after all my research; it seems as though most people only use a pc for compound, polish, and glaze? Not sealants or any LSP?I love doing a carnuba by hand, I figure doing a sealant like EX w/pc would be alright?:confused:

I would say yes to dry pads, not sure about your sealant question......put them in the sun......:)

scooterguitar
06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
I guess I was trying to say, what if I need to use another product right after another, like within 30 minutes or so, on the same pad? If I simply did a quick wash job on them, wrung them out, and let dry for a few minutes...would it be alright to go ahead and use them for the next say polish if they were damp?
As per the sealant, that was another ? altogether!~ Does anyone use a pc for anything other than polish and glaze? Seems liek I read you do sealant and things afterwards by hand only?

belcherm58
06-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I only use a Polishing Pal for LSP's. I have read that using the PC for the
first coat of a LSP was ok. Thought's were that after that the foam pad may
abrade some of the first coat off with application of the second coat.
I dampen my pads with a little PB S&W before applcation of the LSP as it
seems to help make it spread thinner and thus makes removal easier.

BILL
06-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I guess I was trying to say, what if I need to use another product right after another, like within 30 minutes or so, on the same pad? If I simply did a quick wash job on them, wrung them out, and let dry for a few minutes...would it be alright to go ahead and use them for the next say polish if they were damp?
As per the sealant, that was another ? altogether!~ Does anyone use a pc for anything other than polish and glaze? Seems liek I read you do sealant and things afterwards by hand only?

I Guess what really matters is the cleanliness of the pad.....[no contamination] if there a little damp and your applying paste wax i'd say fine go ahead, but if your using a sealer as such then i'd wait, but maybe someone else could tune into this and enlighten us both...
I do sealer ,AIO, and wax applying all by hand, The .P.C. I'd use for A.S.R. and applying POLISH and such as mothers pre -wax........

We all don't do things the same way.....you'll develop your own way.......:)

scooterguitar
06-18-2006, 11:44 AM
"We all don't do things the same way.....you'll develop your own way.......:)"
And my way will be to follow your guys' way!