PDA

View Full Version : Hands free soap?

blakehaas
05-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Whenever I go to the hands free wash by my house, the soap they use seems to cut through dirt and grime better than my soap at home. Sometimes I just dont want to get out the bucket and sponge and I just want a quick soak and spray to clear out some surface dirt.

I have a garden hose foam cannon and some chemical guys soap but it doesn't work nearly as good. I've tried using a pressure washer but it seems like no matter what i do, unless i hand wash it, it doesn't come off.

Any way to get the touchless car wash result at home?

Thanks,

ryandamartini
05-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Whenever I go to the hands free wash by my house, the soap they use seems to cut through dirt and grime better than my soap at home. Sometimes I just dont want to get out the bucket and sponge and I just want a quick soak and spray to clear out some surface dirt.

I have a garden hose foam cannon and some chemical guys soap but it doesn't work nearly as good. I've tried using a pressure washer but it seems like no matter what i do, unless i hand wash it, it doesn't come off.

Thanks,

If you're going to do this more often, I'd look at an inexpensive electric pressure washer. With the foam cannons, they put down a thick, tacky layer of suds that works to really grab a lot of the surface dirt.

As far as soap, Meguiar's Hyper Wash is fantastic for me.

trekkeruss
05-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Whenever I go to the hands free wash by my house, the soap they use seems to cut through dirt and grime better than my soap at home ...

Touchless works through a combination of very high pressure water and strong detergents. I'm betting that, even though touchless sounds good, the process is not that gentle.

blakehaas
05-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Touchless works through a combination of very high pressure water and strong detergents. I'm betting that, even though touchless sounds good, the process is not that gentle.

Yea im assuming the soap is pretty harsh compared to at home solutions.

tw33k2514
05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Touchless "soap" is more like a strong degreaser than it is soap....

To add insult to injury my local Touchless has a guy at the end with a dirty rag that never gets replaced drying your car as it comes out....... and then he wants a tip..... scary stuff

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile