PDA

View Full Version : megs ultimate wash & wax

PA DETAILER
05-10-2015, 06:23 PM
For a OTC product any good? Caught my eye at wal mart.

CDot
05-10-2015, 06:30 PM
I think it's gotten some very good reviews. It, Mothers Cali Gold and Megs Gold Class seem to the be the top three OTC car shampoos.

I used Megs DUB Car Shampoo last weekend and it was surprisingly good! The suds didn't last as long as DG901 or Optimum but it cleaned really well, rinsed clean, and had some pretty good lubricity.

Vue to a kill
05-10-2015, 06:56 PM
For an OTC wash and wax it's not bad in my opinion. I still use it on my mom's car from time to time. More of a wash and boost if I say so.

FUNX650
05-10-2015, 08:49 PM
•IMHO: Excellent "cleaning/protecting" product!
-Has three types of surfactants;
-Contains ingredients, such as: "optical-filters; and/or:
excited-substrates'-molecules deactivators"...
that help ward-off harmful UV-radiation effects.

Bob

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 09:00 PM
it's not bad, but I would rather use the gold class car wash instead (not too fond of wash & wax soaps) if I were sticking to an otc product...

The Guz
05-11-2015, 01:16 AM
I agree. It's not bad but D110 is by far better than it and Gold Class.

cfiiman
05-11-2015, 01:57 AM
It's awesome.

david b
05-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Is this the product you're referring to?

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-wash-wax-anywhere.html)

Somebody on the forum suggested that I try this to remove pollen from my black dd vs using a QD. However, I can't seem to find it OTC - checked two area Walmarts and a couple of the popular corner auto parts places without success.

David

trekkeruss
05-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Is this the product you're referring to?

Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-wash-wax-anywhere.html)

Maybe, maybe not. There is that waterless wash, and the regular Ultimate Wash and Wax shampoo, which is bright yellow in color.

Somebody on the forum suggested that I try this to remove pollen from my black dd vs using a QD. However, I can't seem to find it OTC - checked two area Walmarts and a couple of the popular corner auto parts places without success.

I haven't checked for it at WM lately; they may have stopped carrying it. It works well, but it's very expensive. If you want to buy a waterless/rinseless wash, Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash or D115 Express Wash & Wax are far cheaper from a cost per use standpoint.