PDA

View Full Version : electric pressure washer?

Chad215
05-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi All ,

I've been seeing some mixed reviews on electric pressure washers. I would think for home maintenance they might not have enough pressure but are they ok for cars. What I am most concerned with is reliability. A sales person at the local hardware store said she wouldn't even waiste her money on one.
I see some have a auto off that shuts down the pump when the trigger is not pulled. I have heard that is the main problem with pw failures.
For use on cars are the gas units overkill on pressure?
Any recommendations or comments greatly appreciated. This pw would be for my own personal use. I have a 20amp breaker or I can use a generator so power is not a issue.

Thanks,
Chad

Jlt23
05-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I have a Kranzle and it's great. Built like a tank.

TFTADetail
05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Tried one a few years ago.
I agree it would be fine for use around the house, but not on a commercial level with regular daily use.

Vue to a kill
05-10-2015, 07:13 PM
If it's just for personal use and nothing heavy duty then I feel an electric is just fine. I have an inexpensive 1500 Cleanforce brand and I've used it countless times in the 2 years I've had it. No issues to speak of and it's certainly more than powerful enough for detailing duty.

rwisejr
05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Been using A CamSpray 1500a for about 7 yrs and its been flawless.

dcjredline
05-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I had a Husky that was given to me over 3 years ago that I blew up (my fault) and just bought a 1.2 GPM 1500 psi greenworks and LOVE IT!

Dont listen to anything else that sales person tells you...shes obviously trying to make you spend more money.

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 09:13 PM
i got some good advice from a few experts on pressure washers online and they said generally the gas pressure washers that are less than $500 are okay but aren't going to last long if you use them often as the pumps go out (noisy/loud as well if that matters). if I were in your shoes, I would pick up an electric pressure washer and there are many threads with some good suggestions by many on here...

Chad215
05-10-2015, 11:22 PM
I think I will try a electric unit. I would think they are more than enough for washing csrs,cleaning aluminum handrails or cleaning siding or gutters.
I'm looking at a blue clean AR ar390ss. Has auto shut off to pump when trigger is released.. looks to have good reviews.
I think this will do about 90% of what I would need a pw for around my house. Then if it is dependable I am set.

Chad

poweraid
05-10-2015, 11:47 PM
I had a greenworks from lowes I like it very much till I got the ryobi from HD . smaller overall size and much quieter . main reason I got the ryobi is Becasue I could swap out the stiff pw hose for a flexilla .

aim4squirrels
05-11-2015, 07:16 AM
I think I will try a electric unit. I would think they are more than enough for washing csrs,cleaning aluminum handrails or cleaning siding or gutters.
I'm looking at a blue clean AR ar390ss. Has auto shut off to pump when trigger is released.. looks to have good reviews.
I think this will do about 90% of what I would need a pw for around my house. Then if it is dependable I am set.

Chad

Every electric pressure washer I've ever used auto shuts off when the trigger is released.

Proprietary fittings are why I chose not to purchase an AR washer. Went with Sun Joe instead.

dcjredline
05-11-2015, 08:03 AM
every electric pressure washer i've ever used auto shuts off when the trigger is released.

true

swanicyouth
05-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Dunno. I've been using the same $100 jobber EPW I got at Walmart (Karcher 2.360) for around 3 years now. It still works good as new & still has all the original plastic fittings and they are all fine.

So, I would recommend a Karcher. One thing I think is important is do not run the motor of the machine (switch it on) without a pressurized water supply. To me, this is analogous to running an engine without oil.

The fitting for Karcher is readily available from everywhere. The Vario Wand means there is no trying to keep track of or switching tips. The gun and lance is plastic so they are fairly light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad215
05-11-2015, 11:27 PM
I see a new on the karcher k2.425 for sale for 75. Good deal? Never used. Thanks. Chad

Mizzoutiger
05-11-2015, 11:44 PM
After extensive research, I bought the Kranzle 1120, which is now 1122. German-made, built to last...like Flex polishers. Google it. You'll see a lot of pros use it. There's a reason why. It's cheaper in the long run to buy quality from the start.

Creedmoor
05-18-2015, 06:36 PM
The AR has a decent pump. Only reason I bought it. It has some proprietary connections but they sell connectors that allow it to fit most everything. Happy with my purchase. It is a little workhorse and I have put it thru the paces cleaning driveways, decks, walks, etc.