PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a Griot's DA Polisher?

CC268
05-10-2015, 04:53 PM
I really need your guys' help. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy a Griot's DA or not.

It would be primarily used on my new 2014 F-150 for applying Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and Collinite 845. It would probably be used 2-3 times a year.

For someone who doesn't have tons of extra cash to spend (recent college graduate) is it worth spending the $300ish for a Griot's and the pads for my truck? Will using a Griot's be faster than doing this all by hand?

At this moment I have all the stuff in my shopping cart including a DP Turbo Dryer. I am just wondering if it makes sense to spend the money in the long term. I have spent A LOT of cash on detailing stuff and I am wondering if I am maybe getting too wild here.

I really appreciate your honest opinions. Thanks.

Sicoupe
05-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I really need your guys' help. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy a Griot's DA or not.

It would be primarily used on my new 2014 F-150 for applying Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion and Collinite 845. It would probably be used 2-3 times a year.

For someone who doesn't have tons of extra cash to spend (recent college graduate) is it worth spending the $300ish for a Griot's and the pads for my truck? Will using a Griot's be faster than doing this all by hand?

At this moment I have all the stuff in my shopping cart including a DP Turbo Dryer. I am just wondering if it makes sense to spend the money in the long term. I have spent A LOT of cash on detailing stuff and I am wondering if I am maybe getting too wild here.

I really appreciate your honest opinions. Thanks.Definitely! And the best thing is lifetime warranty.:dblthumb2:

Kamakaz1961
05-10-2015, 05:16 PM
YES!! Especially compared to hand vs DA. Once you use the DA you will wonder why you wasted so much time correcting by hand. Compound/Polishing and applying sealant/wax by DA is so much faster than by hand.

Once you use a DA vs by hand you will see the tremendous difference!!

Welcome to the Dark Side if you do get a DA!!!!......LOL So if you are getting the GG 6" I say GO FOR IT!

irvsmith
05-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Definitely!

DRamsey
05-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, why not get a Porter Cable?

CC268
05-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, why not get a Porter Cable?

Price difference in negligible and my research has led me to the Griot's. The brand of DA doesn't matter and was not the purpose of this thread.

Thus far it looks like the crowd is in favor getting a Griot's. I would like to hear as many opinions as possible. Thank you to everyone thus far!

I will probably get the DP Turbo Dryer along with my order as well as I think that would be quite useful for a big truck like mine.

Dmb5450
05-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I got a griots, and it is my favorite detailing tool. I do not regret the purchase whatsoever. I would recommend it.

Gunslinger
05-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes. You won't regret it.

ski2
05-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Can't beat the Griots for torque and it has a lifetime warranty. With 5"
backing plate and 5.5" pads there is nothing it can't handle with the right polishing products. You'll love it the first time you use it and don't have to deal with the pad stopping rotation on some curve on some curved area of your vehicle.

FishyX
05-10-2015, 08:43 PM
For correction, I love the GG6 but for some reason I prefer using my cheap little Harbor freight palm polisher when applying sealant or wax. I just velcro 6" pads on it.

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Can't beat the Griots for torque and it has a lifetime warranty.
With 5"backing plate and 5.5" pads there is nothing it can't handle with the right polishing products. You'll love it the first time you use it and don't have to deal with the pad stopping rotation on some curve on some curved area of your vehicle.

:iagree: thread closed/

CC268
05-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Well...I bought one!

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Well...I bought one!

congrats! :buffing: