PDA

View Full Version : Metro Sidekick for truck?

Pages : [1] 2

CC268
05-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Is it worth the cash to buy the Metro Sidekick for my F-150? I can't buy the big Metro Blaster as I am already spending quite a bit on a Griot's and all the pads. I figure I have the Guzzler kit to dry most of the truck pretty well.

If it is worth it, should I get the "Professional Series" ?

flatstick
05-10-2015, 11:32 AM
what about the DP turbo car dryer ? it will have the muscle to dry all of your truck and does not cost as much as the big metro blaster. the sidekick is nice for wheels, taillights, trim, etc but would not be a good choice for drying the whole car, unless you are planning on towel drying the rest. it is not made to dry a whole car let alone a truck.

CC268
05-10-2015, 11:37 AM
what about the DP turbo car dryer ? it will have the muscle to dry all of your truck and does not cost as much as the big metro blaster. the sidekick is nice for wheels, taillights, trim, etc but would not be a good choice for drying the whole car, unless you are planning on towel drying the rest. it is not made to dry a whole car let alone a truck.

Hmm...I could maybe do that if it is a good product! I wasn't intending to do the whole truck...more so just getting water out of cracks and crevices...but I could go with the DP if that is a better route.

CC268
05-10-2015, 12:00 PM
WOW! Just watched some videos on the DP Turbo Dryer - impressive! I may have to go that route!

Goin Rogue
05-10-2015, 01:52 PM
DP Turbo Dryer is a good product. There are multiple reviews on it.

jsgntulok
05-10-2015, 03:04 PM
I have a Sidekick and love it. I use it for blowing residual water out of seams, etc and it is great for that. The small size of the Sidekick makes it very easy to handle. And don't think that because of it's small size, the Sidekick doesn't blow a powerful stream of air. When I first saw the DP Turbo Dryer, I was very interested. However, I have lost that interest since it seems to be a bit more cumbersome to use. Just my opinion.

CC268
05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Since this will be used for my truck and my girlfriends jeep I think the DP Turbo Dryer will be the way to go. It has excellent reviews and I can actually use it to dry the majority of my truck.

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 08:53 PM
the sidekick is too small to dry an entire vehicle (would take forever) and is much suited to get into cracks and crevices where water settles/hides. the dp turbo dryer would be a good option and is more convenient to use then the master blaster at more than half the price. another option would be a leaf blower...

CC268
05-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Just bought the DP Turbo! I hope it lives up to the expectations!

VISITOR
05-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Just bought the DP Turbo! I hope it lives up to the expectations!

they key to using any blowing device on a vehicle is having a coat of wax, sealant, or coating so the water blows off with hardly any resistance. consider it money well spent... :dblthumb2:

CC268
05-10-2015, 10:32 PM
they key to using any blowing device on a vehicle is having a coat of wax, sealant, or coating so the water blows off with hardly any resistance. consider it money well spent... :dblthumb2:

Makes sense. Thanks I hope it is money well spent!

snellvilleauto
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Hope you'll like it. I bought a leave blower instead. Multiple functions :)

CC268
05-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Hope you'll like it. I bought a leave blower instead. Multiple functions :)

Yea...I am sure a leaf blower would have been cheaper and worked just as good but oh well!

Ebg18t
05-11-2015, 07:30 AM
I was going to suggest the leaf blower. Sell the wife on using it to clean up the yard..

CC268
05-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Well considering I am a recent college graduate I don't have a wife yet but I do have a girlfriend lol.