PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Ultimate Quik Detailer + Q about UQW

Don M
05-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Even though I don't USE it as a quick detailer, rather as a drying aid. I just washed my car to get the inch of pollen of the paint and like I have done for the last several washes, I sprayed UQD onto the wet car before wiping it with my microfiber drying cloth. Not only does the UQD let the cloth absorb more water, any water not picked up by the cloth (not that there's very much at all) evaporates without leaving spots or streaks. Even in the hot sun (I dry from the top down, sunny sides first) with the temps in the high 70s, low 80s. And I love the way the car looks 'just waxed' when I'm done. People don't believe me when I tell them that all I did was wash the car.

Now the question about Ultimate Quik Wax. Can I use it as a drying aid like I do the UQD? Or is mixing water with the UQW not a good idea?

Vue to a kill
05-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Even though I don't USE it as a quick detailer, rather as a drying aid. I just washed my car to get the inch of pollen of the paint and like I have done for the last several washes, I sprayed UQD onto the wet car before wiping it with my microfiber drying cloth. Not only does the UQD let the cloth absorb more water, any water not picked up by the cloth (not that there's very much at all) evaporates without leaving spots or streaks. Even in the hot sun (I dry from the top down, sunny sides first) with the temps in the high 70s, low 80s. And I love the way the car looks 'just waxed' when I'm done. People don't believe me when I tell them that all I did was wash the car.

Now the question about Ultimate Quik Wax. Can I use it as a drying aid like I do the UQD? Or is mixing water with the UQW not a good idea?

You can absolutely use UQW as a drying aid. It's the same thing as D156 (Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax) and works very well in my opinion.

FUNX650
05-10-2015, 11:15 AM
•There's probably not a whole lot, if any, "Waxes" in UQW. :)

•As far as UQW mixing with water...
-{From Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (G175) MSDS}:

9.2:
Important health safety and environmental information

-pH...........................6.85-7.35
-Water solubility.......Complete

Bob

dcjredline
05-10-2015, 11:46 AM
2nd vote for D156!!! Smells awesome and works even better

silverfox
05-10-2015, 12:58 PM
If there's a better product than D156...I've missed it.

Loach
05-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I love UQD and UQW as well. They both smell great, it just makes me want to go out there and use them. You can use both of them as a drying aid without issue, I think you'll get the maximum hydrophobic behavior when they are undiluted though and you might get some dilution while it mixes with the water on the paint or in the drying towel. The only problem with UQW is it only comes with 15.2 oz in the bottle and I go through that pretty quickly. D156 would be more cost effective if you want to use it as a drying aid. I actually haven't tried D156 out yet because I hear it's not the same scent.

spazzz
05-10-2015, 04:47 PM
I love UQD and UQW as well. They both smell great, it just makes me want to go out there and use them. You can use both of them as a drying aid without issue, I think you'll get the maximum hydrophobic behavior when they are undiluted though and you might get some dilution while it mixes with the water on the paint or in the drying towel. The only problem with UQW is it only comes with 15.2 oz in the bottle and I go through that pretty quickly. D156 would be more cost effective if you want to use it as a drying aid. I actually haven't tried D156 out yet because I hear it's not the same scent.

Initially the scent thing bothered me.
Now it's as if UQW never existed when I hold the D156!

Vue to a kill
05-10-2015, 05:01 PM
On a side note, I've also found Reload to be a fantastic drying aid. That's my go to.

anf0180
05-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Any suggestion for Quik Detailer on coating?

Vue to a kill
05-10-2015, 06:40 PM
I've always thought that Optimum Instant Detailer looked great over Opti Coat. It's a pretty fair value too. Smells fantastic as well.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus also can double as a quick detailer and it imparts a very nice look and feel. Extremely slick. I think the neatest thing about UWW+ is that it can be used as a rinseless, waterless, quick detailer, and clay lube. And for 20 bucks it makes 5 gallons of ready to use waterless/quick detailer dilution. That stuff seriously amazes me every time I use it.