PDA

View Full Version : Need Pads for Rupes Duetto?

Mantilgh
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM
I am getting the Rupes Duetto and would like some help choosing pads.

First off, I'm am now on a tight budget and looking more for economy than the true "perfect" pad to use. I know Rupes pads are recommended because of the larger throw, backing plate compatibility issues, and the system is designed to work together.

I have been looking at these two LC pad choices, considering most others are 3 to 5 times the price per pad, and I would like to have more than enough to do a full correction in shot without having to stop and clean.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-ccs-pack1.html)

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-low-profile-3pack.html)

My reason for choosing the two:

Low profile, which I think would be better for the larger throw. Ie. Not loosing correction ability due to jiggle of a taller pad.

And price per pad.

I was thinking of getting 6 cutting, and 6 polishing pads. Probably the orange and the white if I go with the CCS, or the cyan and the tangerine if I go with the Hydro-Tech.

I have Optimum Comp II and polish.

Suggestions and input appreciated.

d33p
05-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Buy the LC flat pads. 6 for $35

2 yellow
4 orange
4 white
2 black or blue

That should pretty much handle anything you have.

Mantilgh
05-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Thank you. I guess I missed those and they are a better price too. Just so many to choose from.

Yeah, I was also thinking about 4,4,2,2 combo or maybe a 6,4,2.

Oh, and this not for a specific vehicle, just whatever I can get my hands on.

gibson24
05-08-2015, 11:53 PM
I always used LC CCS pads. I was looking into buying the Bigfoot but they seem to advertise the use of Rupes pads only due to throw size. Sales gimmick or my CCS pads will be just fine to use...? I do like the German engineering of the Flex. Can't seem to go wrong there.

custmsprty
05-09-2015, 12:19 AM
LC Flat Pads all the way, or the Buff and Shine. Ever see Mike use anything else other than flat pads in his videos or classes? Unless he's using the Rupes system.

2 orange

3 white

One black

on the six pack