PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze?

trhland
09-03-2007, 05:40 PM
How Is This? Does It Do A Good Job Covering Up Minor Swirls? How Does It Compair To Rmg?

ScottB
09-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Id give RMG the nod, as it looks wetter and much easier to remove. Menzerna's product is like a finishing polish with some fillers.

Thejoyofdriving
09-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Id give RMG the nod, as it looks wetter and much easier to remove. Menzerna's product is like a finishing polish with some fillers.

I wasnt aware that menz glaze has abrasives in it:confused:

FMINUS
09-04-2007, 02:07 AM

For the third time...... BRING BACK Clearkote!

TOGWT
09-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Finishing Touch Glaze - is a water-based emulsion comprising glycerine, mineral oils and kaolin (China clay). The mineral oils enhance the wetness and depth of the finish, particularly on darker coloured cars, while the kaolin fills and masks minor swirl marks and other flaws. It does not contain any abrasives or cleaning agents. It is designed to improve the brilliance and clarity of painted surfaces, and mask or visually reduce the extent of any imperfections for use in the event that by removing very deep scratches, or when a paint gauge indicates a very thin clear coat paint surface, further use of abrasives would compromise the clear coat

Waxmax
09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I was disappointed with the Menzerna Glaze PO 115C. It did little to mask swirls and was difficult to remove. RMG, WMF, Danase Glaze, EZ Creme Glaze are all better, IMO.

Al-53
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I had no problem removeing the Menz glaze....if you over apply it ..it will gum up on the paint....I found the best way was by hand..just rewipeing the area with whats on the pad...til it just about disappears.....

I like the danase glaze also....its sealant friendly..but the Menz was also...no conflicts with a sealant for me...some others will smear when a sealant was used..Menz did not....

I have used a few time with a PC..but you have to just use a few dabs...and not alot...or it will gum and be a bear to remove....it filled better by hand also....

Al

DantheMan
09-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I will 2nd the applying by hand. I did not particularly care for it when I applied by PC with a CCS grey pad.. Like I said last time this subject came up, it may have been user error with the PC, but it was much easier to remove, and looked much better to me when I used the menz glaze by hand. I have also topped it with a sealant with no issues.

I have not used the clearkote products yet, but the menz glaze isn't all that bad in my opinion.

richy
09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
I apply both the Menz glaze and RMG by hand and have no issues with either. Just for giggles, I'm gonna try the Danase glaze when my RMG runs out..heard good things about it too!

LazerRed1
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I applied the Menzerna Glaze under Menzerna FMJ. It was fairly EOEO,just go light. I may go back to the 3M Hand Glaze next time if it will work under FMJ or another sealant simply because it is such a great product.