PDA

View Full Version : Cr spotless

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
05-06-2015, 06:04 PM
I ordered this today. Is there anything I need to know or is everything pretty self explanatory. I Do have one question, can the resin go bad over time?

af90
05-06-2015, 07:02 PM
There is an electronic reader for the resin health. But as for storage of the resin I don't seen any reason why the minerals should go bad as long as it's stored at reasonable temperatures.

kazuaki
05-06-2015, 07:07 PM
CR claims that the shelf life of the resin (even if its still in the sealed bags) is only 12-18 months. I'm not sure if that's true, but that's what they told me when I called them a few months ago. I have the largest setup and it works well, but the resin is expensive.

frankprozzoly
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
If it works for me the price is well worth it

af90
05-06-2015, 07:18 PM
There are also ways to recharge resin.

frankprozzoly
05-06-2015, 07:31 PM
I watched a video. It's too much if a pain to do it yourself

bigdaddy65
05-07-2015, 07:16 AM
I've had resin longer than 12 months. Keep it sealed tightly and there should be no issues.

swanicyouth
05-07-2015, 12:53 PM
I watched a video. It's too much if a pain to do it yourself

I agree. I've watched those videos as well. Looks to much like running a meth lab for me. The resin lasts a long time on the shelf. I haven't had an issue with resin going bad in the vessel either. I prolly change it every 8 mos or so.

kazuaki
05-07-2015, 01:31 PM
I agree. I've watched those videos as well. Looks to much like running a meth lab for me. The resin lasts a long time on the shelf. I haven't had an issue with resin going bad in the vessel either. I prolly change it every 8 mos or so.
You must not use it that much if you can go 8 months.

2black1s
05-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Shelf life aside, the biggest variable in how long your resin will last in use is the TDS level of the water going in. The TDS level of my tap water is about 400-500. At that level the unit will not produce very many gallons of "clean" water before needing a resin change.

I looked into buying a CR system but the calculated operating costs were too high for my liking (estimated $0.60 - $0.80 per gallon based on my TDS level). For this reason I built my own Reverse Osmosis/DI system. The RO/DI system produces "clean" water much more economically than a straight DI system as the RO filtration removes approx 90 percent of the dissolved solids before going through the DI resin filter. By doing so the DI resin lasts 10 times longer.

octane
05-07-2015, 04:10 PM
There are also ways to recharge resin.

yes, and works pretty well once you are equiped to do it!

Jeff Wagner
05-07-2015, 10:54 PM
I ordered this today. Is there anything I need to know or is everything pretty self explanatory. I Do have one question, can the resin go bad over time?

I just got mine a few days ago and it works. It says DO NOT DRINK lol and i was like what? Says its so pure the body is robbed of nutrients. My water is really bad and i will probably destroy the resin fast. I work alot and have bad water so i guess i should look into recharging the resin. It was wicked easy to hook up and everything you need is included. I tested it with my own TDS meter and right as rain nothing in my water anymore. Also tested it on my pops gold truck in my driveway right after hook up. ONR washed the windshield and hood. Rinsed then stood there watching it dry with no spots on the glass or paint.

swanicyouth
05-08-2015, 07:30 AM
^ Lolz. It says do not drink because the water is electrolyte free. Theoretically, if you drank enough of it, you could dilute out you electrolytes causing a situation of seizures, followed by cardiac arrhythmia, and then death.

That being said, I've drank DI water before (about a quart or so at a time) just out of laziness (all I had in the garage) and I'm still alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nizerims
05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
My current and last 5 cars have all been some shade of metallic black. (Will I ever go back?) Over the years I have become fairly proficient at maintaining a swirl/water spot free finish. In recent years I have really stepped my game up with the help on this forum (I thank you for that).

I recently purchased a DIC-20 and a couple boxes of R2-20 replacement resins.

I have searched this forum and a few others. Bing and Google. There is just not a ton of info on the CR Spotless. I was wondering if someone may have found some good/cool info I may have missed?

I'm looking for stuff like; is there a "Top Shelf" replacement resin? Or, where to buy resin in bulk? Or, do they make "concours blend" resins? <-(For like when it's your car's birthday and you want to give her an extra special maintenance wash. All sensual and stuff. Tune the radio into "the quiet storm" and get those secret sponges out of the box that is in a backpack, that is in a suitcase, that is in a larger suitcase, on the top self of the closet in the den.)

Also, are there any mods for the CR Spotless? <-(I was thinking about making an extension cord so I can mount the TDS meter display on the pressure washer gun.) kidding/not kidding.

And finally, looking for links (http://i.imgur.com/fkBsh9e.gif) to the best page or video you've found on recharging the resin?

Thanks fam. :props:

swanicyouth
05-08-2015, 11:32 AM
There a multiple videos on You Tube how to recharge the resin. You have to use some dangerous chemicals to do it, a lot of buckets and vessels - etc... It's not worth it to me to save $50 for replacement resin for my unit.

How to mod it? Dunno. It doesn't nearly need modding IMHO.

You can get resin at numerous places, including places that supply labs and aquarium enthusiasts. There are different types of resins. The main type of resin you are looking for is "mixed bed resin". There are DI systems available where the cations and anions are removed in different vessels from different charged resins, so to the best of my knowledge any mixed bed resin will work.

Concours blend resin? Yes it's available. However, it can only be purchased from me. Price is $999.99 per thimble full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk