PDA

View Full Version : Help with a 220v dupray

Pages : [1] 2

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 01:14 PM
I got a Carmen super Inox but it came with out a plug. I'm trying to put a outlet and find a plug so I can run the machine safely. Anyone else have a 220v dupray? And what plug are you using on it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Anyone have any info on this. I'm not great with electrical so please help. I talked to dupray and they said its 15 amps.

Rsurfer
05-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Anyone have any info on this. I'm not great with electrical so please help. I talked to dupray and they said its 15 amps.

Did you ask them about the plug?

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Yea I did but I'm clueless when it comes to electrical. One electrician I know said in would need a one horizontal plug. Only thing is when I look at the adapter for the dryer or stove and it has the locking plug. Also if I take it mobile I need that same circle locking plug right? that's the only 220 v outlet on a generator. I'm so confused on this.

Rsurfer
05-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Take your steamer and generator to an electrical supply store. Problem solved except for the house connection.

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Alright. Sounds like I have no choice. I got a bunch of jobs lined up so I need to get this in action asap.

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks surfer. You are from oahu right.

ryandamartini
05-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Its a positive, negative, and a ground. Put a plug on that matches the 220v on your generator.

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 05:41 PM
There is 2 hot and a ground I believe. Anyone got a picture of your plug if you got a 220v dupray

Paul Mitchell
05-06-2015, 09:06 PM
How can you take it mobile if it's 220? Not many homes have a 220 plug you can use. They'll have a 220 hook-up for the dryer and range but they're different than a 220 plug for your steamer. Some customer with a great shop might have a 220 plug but most people don't. Would a steamer that uses 110 be better for you? Check out you tube and find out if you can convert it to 110. Is it possible it doesn't come with a plug to give you the option of 110 or 220.....220 in your shop and 110 if mobile? I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to electrical.

808_detail_nut
05-06-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm getting a generator for moble details so that is not going to be a problem. I just want to be able to use it with the generator. As far as I know I can use the 220v plug on it but it is a locking plug on all the generators I have looked at. I can't connect it to a dryer or stove without a converter cord from dupray. I know autogeek sells a dual 110v to 220v converter box but dupray said that I should not use it.

808_detail_nut
05-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Well got it hooked up and used it a few times and all I can say is WOW. Talk about a steamer on steroids. I'm waiting for a real dirty car to do a review. I just got a 4 prong 20 amp receptacle with a locking 4 prong 220v 20 amp plug. Hooked up the X, Y, and ground and left the W because there is only 3 wires. I lucked out because my electric panel is right on the other side of a wall of my garage. So I didn't have to pull wires anywhere. Only thing is I had to make my own 20 foot extention so I could get it outside of the garage to do engines. The hot water/detergent injection is pretty awesome also but I haven't used it much yet. I need to buy the upholstery extraction tool because when I ordered it originally they were out of stock. I guess I won't need to buy a extractor now.

ryandamartini
05-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Well got it hooked up and used it a few times and all I can say is WOW. Talk about a steamer on steroids. I'm waiting for a real dirty car to do a review. I just got a 4 prong 20 amp receptacle with a locking 4 prong 220v 20 amp plug. Hooked up the X, Y, and ground and left the W because there is only 3 wires. I lucked out because my electric panel is right on the other side of a wall of my garage. So I didn't have to pull wires anywhere. Only thing is I had to make my own 20 foot extention so I could get it outside of the garage to do engines. The hot water/detergent injection is pretty awesome also but I haven't used it much yet. I need to buy the upholstery extraction tool because when I ordered it originally they were out of stock. I guess I won't need to buy a extractor now.

You know you have to video the steam extraction right? :D

808_detail_nut
05-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Yes I do but I want to get the tool so I can do carpets. I just have the upholstery tool that came with the kit but the tool will allow me to use the hot water/solution mixture. I'm so glad I made this investment. At this rate it will be paid off real soon.

You are talking about the dupray video right?

ryandamartini
05-18-2015, 11:23 PM
Yes I do but I want to get the tool so I can do carpets. I just have the upholstery tool that came with the kit but the tool will allow me to use the hot water/solution mixture. I'm so glad I made this investment. At this rate it will be paid off real soon.

You are talking about the dupray video right?

I want to see the chemical/steam extraction in action! That machine is dead sexy!