PDA

View Full Version : PC 7424xp extension

Meskhov
05-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know what the part number is for a spindle extension for use with the smaller 3 and 4" pads? I saw Todd using one in the videos but can't find it on the AG site.
Thanks

Rsurfer
05-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know what the part number is for a spindle extension for use with the smaller 3 and 4" pads? I saw Todd using one in the videos but can't find it on the AG site.
Thanks

Never heard of a spindle extension for a PC. I would think it would be unsafe being that the spindle is only 5/16". They do make extensions for a rotary (5/8").

Kamakaz1961
05-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks

Buff and Shine makes one I just can't find it on AGO....it is an extension for the PC, GG and similar DA's. It's about $5 - $7. I have a couple.

Rsurfer
05-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Buff and Shine makes one I just can't find it on AGO....it is an extension for the PC, GG and similar DA's. It's about $5 - $7. I have a couple.

How tall is it? That is a lot of stress on a skinny spindle.

Kamakaz1961
05-05-2015, 07:56 PM
The adapter is a buff and shine. I BELIEVE the part number is BUF-1400. All this is, is an extension so you can put your backing plate on it. I have had no issues with the extension. I also have a similar extension formy Flex Kompact PE8.

Its about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. The PC or GG are not not powerful enough to tear the spindle. I have set my PC up to do waxing with a 3" backing Plate.

Rsurfer
05-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Went to Buff and Shine site and couldn't find it. You seem to be a knowledgeable person that gives good information. Since you own a couple, can you take a few pictures and post it? TIA.

Setec Astronomy
05-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Went to Buff and Shine site and couldn't find it.

Me either.

af90
05-05-2015, 08:12 PM
I think I found it online.

search

Bugger Extension 5/8"X11 Thread

Setec Astronomy
05-05-2015, 08:16 PM
There's plenty of rotary extensions, this is supposed to be a DA (5/16-24) extension.

Rsurfer
05-05-2015, 08:23 PM
The adapter is a buff and shine. I BELIEVE the part number is BUF-1400. All this is, is an extension so you can put your backing plate on it. I have had no issues with the extension. I also have a similar extension formy Flex Kompact PE8.

Its about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. The PC or GG are not not powerful enough to tear the spindle. I have set my PC up to do waxing with a 3" backing Plate.

It's not that the PC doesn't have the power to tear the spindle, it's the torque that is placed on a small spindle. You will have some idiot putting a 6" bp with a 6.5" pad thinking he now can get into tight areas.

Meskhov
05-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Thanks guys for the help. Maybe it was a Flex that he was using in that video, will have to watch again.

Tato
05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Well, you already got some good feedback but I can add my 0.04$,

from what I could understand you are trying to accomplish an Hernandez Polisher (?).

Take a look:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/83116-hernandez-polisher.html

I will not enter into any 'warning / beware' subject regarding modifying tools or operating differently than recommended but they exist, it's your role to inform yourself and know them better before trying anything 'exotic'.

The thread says a lot around this subject, will help you towards taking the right decision.

Kind Regards.