PDA

View Full Version : Wheel brush detailer's quality?

OCD Detailing
05-05-2015, 02:21 PM
We seem to have a problem finding wheel brushes that last more than a couple of months. It's the Speed Master style we are having problems with. They all end up doing the same thing. The handle starts to loosen easily and the metal "bar" down the center becomes weak and you really can't put any pressure on it without it bending. So we are constantly fighting the handle and the brush itself. I had high hopes for the Speed Master. Bought the 2 piece kit. It was pretty much toast after a couple of months. Any recommendations for a wheel brush that gets back in the barrel that you can also bend the end to get behind the spokes?

Maybe I'm expecting too much? I have noticed a few items that seem more for the casual user. This style of wheel brush and the sprayers we can't get to last very long.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

Kamakaz1961
05-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Try Wheel Woollies They seem to last longer. I do not like the Speed Master...too much splatter!!

Wheel woollies won't splatter

trekkeruss
05-05-2015, 02:43 PM
I use two of the Daytona Jr. brushes. The first one remains straight for getting deep into the wheels, and the second one is permanently bent for getting behind the spokes. That way I'm not weakening a single brush by constantly bending the metal shaft.

OCD Detailing
05-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. Keeping one bent seems like a good idea. Although ours seem to weaken by the handle.

We do have a set of woollies but I don't think they work as well for the dirtier barrels without having the stiffer bristle type.
Thank you

Audios S6
05-06-2015, 01:19 PM
they make similar brushes with Tampico fibers. They are not as soft as the speed master but they hold up to more abuse. Look for a spoke brush with a wooden handle and tan fibers, that's the one.

builthatch
05-06-2015, 03:44 PM
the ticket is having one bent and one straight. and having a jr. bent as well. there is a certain progressive sort of bend that you can get that will not put a hard stress point on the core wires but allow you to hit pretty much any weird angle. once you get the right bend, leave it forever. i have yet to encounter a wheel where i can't cover 100% of the internal surfaces with this trio.

they will last indefinitely that way. i feel your pain, it took quite a few of EZ Detail brushes and Daytonas through the years until i figured out how to make them last.

it'd be nice if they simply used high quality SS wire like Microfiber Madness did on their proposed wheel brush. but, then, nobody would ever have to buy a new Daytona and their business would dry up. they have to factor in some product flaws so it's a consumable :)

and when you rinse them clean, hold them very close if not on the brush - don't whip them by/near the handle to shake dry.

Rsurfer
05-06-2015, 03:49 PM
the ticket is having one bent and one straight. and having a jr. bent as well. there is a certain progressive sort of bend that you can get that will not put a hard stress point on the core wires but allow you to hit pretty much any weird angle. once you get the right bend, leave it forever. i have yet to encounter a wheel where i can't cover 100% of the internal surfaces with this trio.

they will last indefinitely that way. i feel your pain, it took quite a few of EZ Detail brushes and Daytonas through the years until i figured out how to make them last.

it'd be nice if they simply used high quality SS wire like Microfiber Madness did on their proposed wheel brush. but, then, nobody would ever have to buy a new Daytona and their business would dry up. they have to factor in some product flaws so it's a consumable :)

and when you rinse them clean, hold them very close if not on the brush - don't whip them by/near the handle to shake dry.

:iagree::goodpost::righton:

FUNX650
05-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Meguiar's and Muc-Off both have several very
nice wheel, spoke, & component brushes.

Bob