PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax shield topped with mirage?

Pages : [1] 2

Vincentz
05-05-2015, 11:54 AM
hi guys ;)

I was wondering if any of you have tried to top swissvax shield with mirage? or any other swissvax :)
if yes, how long did you wait before topping shield ?I just got both. or it may not be possible to top shield when it has PTFE?

FUNX650
05-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Teflon...
You're saying that a Swissvax product contains Teflon?!?! :eek:

Bob

Vincentz
05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
my english might be bad, but that how i read it :)
" Swissvax Shield is a modern and innovative system for the ultimate protection of all types of paintwork - also under the harshest conditions. Shield is a special Carnauba wax which was enriched with non-stick PTFE in order to create an ingenious protection shield for your paintwork. Thank to the proverbial "Teflon-pan-effect" dirt and insects barely can't adhere at all to the as smooth as glass paintwork surface."

taken from swissvax.us :)

swanicyouth
05-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Teflon...

You're saying that a Swissvax product contains Teflon?!?! :eek:

Bob

Apparently, yes

FUNX650
05-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Very Interesting.

•DuPont's "Teflon-pan-effect" PTFE is just a
certain subset of polymers.
-I'm sure there has been some PTFE polymer-tweaking
since it was first brought to market.
-Don't know if any of these tweaked PTFE polymers have been...or even could actually be...successfully integrated into any of Swissvax's products, or not...to effectuate/create a: "better (Wax)mouse trap", so to speak.

Note:
I have my suspicions it's nothing more
than just a dubious marketing tactic:
Another use of DuPont's world-wide
brand-name recognition.

Of course: I may be completely wrong in this assessment.

Bob

Zubair
05-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Soft99 Fusso uses PTFE too.

FUNX650
05-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Soft99 Fusso uses PTFE too.
For marketing?

Bob

Zubair
05-05-2015, 03:08 PM
For marketing?

Bob

This product contains PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), which has a sufficient super hydrophobic ability and effectively protects the car surface from rain, dirt and other unwanted residue. Its thick hard coating repels water strongly, as water smoothly runs down and off the car surface. - From the ad.

FUNX650
05-05-2015, 03:12 PM
This product contains PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), which has a sufficient super hydrophobic ability and effectively protects the car surface from rain, dirt and other unwanted residue. Its thick hard coating repels water strongly, as water smoothly runs down and off the car surface. - From the ad.
Do you actually believe this ad is true?

Bob

Zubair
05-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Bob

I have their King Of Gloss paint sealant and I have never seen beads this tight or spherical before. Like little perfect pearls sitting on the paint so they must be having something in there that makes it bead quite like nothing I have ever seen.

Rsurfer
05-05-2015, 03:21 PM

Bob

I do, cause I read it on the internet.:props:

Vincentz
05-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Hold on guys ! this has taken a completely different direction than what the topic was all about. it's perfectly fine that you would like to have a debate about whether there is ptfe in the products or not, but can you take it somewhere else?

melF1fan
05-05-2015, 04:51 PM
+1 :iagree:

Yeah, there are no big issues with topping Shield with Mirage. Though I think Shield looks good enough on it's own and you'd have it's repelling properties. Go for it and see how you like it.

Vincentz
05-05-2015, 05:08 PM
+1 :iagree:

Yeah, there are no big issues with topping Shield with Mirage. Though I think Shield looks good enough on it's own and you'd have it's repelling properties. Go for it and see how you like it.

Thanks ! :) i might have to see if i am satisfied with just the shield coat :) but how long would you think i have to wait for each coat ? this is my first time with swissvax ! :)

melF1fan
05-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks ! :) i might have to see if i am satisfied with just the shield coat :) but how long would you think i have to wait for each coat ? this is my first time with swissvax ! :)

I don't think it matters too much unlike Coatings and sealants. But as Shield seems to have some synthetic elements to it (PTFE etc..) Just make sure your surface prep is done well of course and you should be fine. Apply the Shield, maybe wait a little bit 30 min and then put Mirage on top.

Share pics when done :)