PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Crystal Coat again

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff Wagner
05-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Blackfire crystal coat on a Dodge Charger with custom paint. The car turned out nice and blackfire is pretty easy to use. Just thought i would put up another positive post using the BF coating. If you want to see more pics i have 39 of the Charger on my FB business page. Thank you Nick Rutter for turning me on to the Blackfire coating its good stuff.:props:

LaFawnduh
05-04-2015, 09:53 PM
That looks beautiful!

When you say pretty easy... Obviously not Crystal Seal easy, but is it tough getting the coat even? Keeping down high spots?

Jeff Wagner
05-04-2015, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=LaFawnduh;1248247]That looks beautiful!

When you say pretty easy... Obviously not Crystal Seal easy, but is it tough getting the coat even? Keeping down high spots?
QUOTE]

Getting the coating even is very easy with a foam block applicator and a suede microfiber towel wrapped around it. I even customized my foam block cutting it with a razor blade. Now i can tuck the small suede towels into it. Keeping high spots down is much easier than Cquartz UK which is also a quartz based coating that hardens in the applicator. Prep is the key meaning you have to get the oils off using the BF paint prep so the coating sticks. I use a few M/F towels in my leveling process. First one to get the bulk of it and the second one to clean up anything the first may have just smeared. Then the last one when im done is a bigger suede M/F with no nap to make it as smooth as glass. Then the towels go in the trash as they will scratch paint afterwards. You can clean the exhaust with them before the toss its painful to do because i use brand new never used towels for coatings.

Jeff Wagner
05-04-2015, 11:09 PM
I have to give a shout out to David from OKC Headlights. He saw my post and went to my business FB page and liked it. He sent me an email and i went to his site and liked his. The power of this forum in a positive way is amazing. I was actually a little worried about putting myself under the microscope. If we all do good i think its good for our industry and our reputation. In return more business and more money to have more fun! :xyxthumbs:

g35_coupe
05-05-2015, 03:53 AM
I have to give a shout out to David from OKC Headlights. He saw my post and went to my business FB page and liked it. He sent me an email and i went to his site and liked his. The power of this forum in a positive way is amazing. I was actually a little worried about putting myself under the microscope. If we all do good i think its good for our industry and our reputation. In return more business and more money to have more fun! :xyxthumbs:

Thank you for the kind words, sir! :xyxthumbs: You have some great work posted on your pages BTW!

HateSwirls
05-05-2015, 05:23 AM
I use the BF Coating almost daily.
The coating is easy to use and the paint looks amazing once completed.

sealthedeal
05-05-2015, 07:51 AM
I use the BF Coating almost daily.
The coating is easy to use and the paint looks amazing once completed.

How is the water behaviour? Similar to other coatings ?
You should probably start a holy grail thread for it (best technique to apply, various pics you keep doing) since every crystal coat thread I have seen, you have had good things to say about it [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFTADetail
05-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Great job!

Gotta love the black when it's clean .......... especially when it's only 10 minutes before it's dirty again! ;)

Jeff Wagner
05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Thank you for the kind words, sir! :xyxthumbs: You have some great work posted on your pages BTW!

Your welcome and Thank you.. ditto dude you are a headlight guru!

Jeff Wagner
05-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Great job!

Gotta love the black when it's clean .......... especially when it's only 10 minutes before it's dirty again! ;)

Thank you and i agree black is the best when its done right. Hopefully the coating will give him a little more than 10 mins :-)

TFTADetail
05-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Great job!

LOL!

I use the CQuartz often and I have to say it really does seem to repel the majority of dust that I would normally see on my wife's black car.

98LowRanger
05-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Looks great! I've been looking at Blackfires coating as well as DPs. These coatings are a MUCH more cost effective then the popular coatings that are typically talked about (Opti-Gloss, 22ple, Cquartz, Gtechnique, etc.), but how does it compare to them? I don't know of any professional detailers offering Blackfire or DP coatings so there must be a reason right? I am very tempted to try one of these coatings to save a little $ as long as the longevity (2 years) and properties (very hydrophobic, light scratch resistance, chemical resistant) are the same.

Desertnate
05-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Looks great! I've been looking at Blackfires coating as well as DPs. These coatings are a MUCH more cost effective then the popular coatings that are typically talked about (Opti-Gloss, 22ple, Cquartz, Gtechnique, etc.), but how does it compare to them? I don't know of any professional detailers offering Blackfire or DP coatings so there must be a reason right? I am very tempted to try one of these coatings to save a little $ as long as the longevity (2 years) and properties (very hydrophobic, light scratch resistance, chemical resistant) are the same.

HateSwirls, who has posted in this thread and also provided a couple very good reviews of this product previously, is a full time pro and uses the Blackfire product in his shop. I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement.

720eyes
05-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm getting a new car this week. After washing and claying the car, I want to use a coating product on it. My question is, I have to apply the product in a carport environment, dust flying around ect. During the drying time just before the product gets wiped off, will dust get inbedded in the product leaving a "ruff finish"

Thanks

Jeff Wagner
05-06-2015, 03:17 AM

I think there are lots professionals using every coating out there. Kevin and i are only 2 of thousands of professionals in the forums. Its becoming like whats your favorite wax. Pick one and give it a shot. The protection is great in every one you mentioned. Some are easier than others in my opinion opti -gloss coat - i think a 5 yr old could do it. Then Cquartz UK can be temperamental. But it does transform the applicator into a rock hard shell n has amazing gloss. High spots are more possible if you are a first timer. Blackfire also hardens in the applicator. Is less temperamental with showing high spots the next day. BF seems to have the qualities of the more costly coatings and it is a good deal. Gtechnique has not been available for some time now. Im trying to help your temptation. Just follow the directions and enjoy.

I'm getting a new car this week. After washing and claying the car, I want to use a coating product on it. My question is, I have to apply the product in a carport environment, dust flying around ect. During the drying time just before the product gets wiped off, will dust get inbedded in the product leaving a "ruff finish"

Thanks

Ideal yes a garage would be better and i would worry more about rain. I have done one outside for a guy in a high rise condo. It was in an area surrounded with the condo building and no traffic or stuff blowing around. Then he parked it in the parking garage of the building right after. I used Opti gloss coat on that one and it will disappear into the paint right in front of your eyes. Its a gamble that might be worth taking if you have a buffer to fix it and do it over if there is an issue. It would be nice to have on your brand new car. Dont blame me please lol if it doesnt work. I like to root for the underdog and would like to see a positive post of your accomplishment. Maybe pay Kevin or me to fly out on a work/vaca :-) Maybe Nick or Mike will tell me to stop giving opinions lol I did say its a gamble. Get a friend with a garage for one day and night then ur set! Problem solved for 2 years :-)