PDA

View Full Version : LSP during the car manufacturing process?

spinz
05-04-2015, 10:15 AM
A random question stumbled across my mind today.

"Why don't the car manufacturers apply LSP(Wax/Sealant/Coating) at the final phase of the manufacturingprocess?"

I mean nowadays the technology of car paint coating is so advanced, if it can really protect and maintain the paint, why don't they apply any LSP to their cars prior to any exportation?

There could be probably zero or less defects/contamination on the paint since it is fresh, and it is the best timing to seal the paint. (Given that the paint already cured for 30 days)

I'm worried that if someday someone asks me this question and i don't know how to answer it.

So i would like to know what's your opinion and how would you answer this question?

Billy Baldone
05-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Cost. Plus it takes a lucrative add on away from dealers selling coatings

builthatch
05-04-2015, 11:28 AM
many do. i don't know about all, but on a lot of cars there is some sort of protective coating applied at some point in the process prior to port or truck.

spinz
05-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Cost. Plus it takes a lucrative add on away from dealers selling coatings
Would car manufacturers really care about this small amount of cost?

many do. i don't know about all, but on a lot of cars there is some sort of protective coating applied at some point in the process prior to port or truck.
Makes sense, therefore we always fully prep the surface when detailing a new car.

SYMAWD
05-04-2015, 02:03 PM
While not all, cars are generally pretty well protected when they leave the factory.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/SYMAWD/IMAG2822_zpsqbjavfnk.jpg (http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/SYMAWD/media/IMAG2822_zpsqbjavfnk.jpg.html)

FUNX650
05-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Does a good slathering of Cosmoline count?

Bob

Kacz
05-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Until the lack of a LSP on new cars affects their bottom line, they won't care.

...and if it ever did affect it, they would push that expense onto the dealers anyways. I don't see the point and it won't ever happen.