PDA

View Full Version : Car wash fundraiser yay or nay?

Dereksdtail
05-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Me and my wife are on the last stage of our adoption and I was thinking of having a car wash fundraiser. I was wondering if anybody else has done this sort of thing and what amount of supplies should I invest in?

North26
05-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the upcoming adoption!

Car wash fundraisers remind me from the scene in dodgeball. Anyways you are probably not going to get much love around here on fundraisers, because they probably aren't the safest.

I would go a Google search. Seems the 2 most common things for garage fundraisers are kids and churches. Having the kids wash in a church parking lot, good mine.

I would suggest buying your products in bulk. No one goes to a charity car wash expecting great results. Rather a wash and good karma in return.

dcjredline
05-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Where are you located?

I would say get a gallon of DG cherry soap (903 I think), a pack of the grout sponges from HD or Lowes, couple buckets while you are there. Then make sure you teach everyone involved the basics of a 2BM wash. Doesnt hurt to TRY and do the least damage you can.

Dereksdtail
05-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Located in Newton, Kansas

It's still a scary thought for me but I'm trying to figure out the safest way to go about it!

trekkeruss
05-04-2015, 12:00 PM
I dare say the average person doesn't care about a safe, swirl-free wash; if they did, car washes would go out of business. So from that standpoint, buying products to offer a better quality car wash would be unnecessary, except for your own sense of pride.

You could, of course, offer the better wash, with more buckets, mitts, and a mountain of towels for drying (or multiple leaf blowers?!). but would you charge more for the wash to offset the cost of supplies?