PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Lunar Blue - Klasse AIO, Waxing and Detailing

samyc300
05-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Hello everyone,

Mercedes Lunar Blue Exterior detailing

I have read the posts by AutoGeek regarding the use of Klasse products that were immensely helpful. I have a few more specific questions:

1. Can I apply 2-3 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze (KSG) on top of and after applying Klasse All in One (allowing KSG to properly dry for at least 12 hrs - overnight between each application)?

2. Next can I top off with Meguiar Carnuba Gold Plus (has any one used this on Mercs or lunar blue paint and how is it compared to Pinnacle Souveran or P21 to obtain a rich, deep gloss and wet look?)

3. After the above, and for maintenance in between washes and prior to the next proper detailing, would you suggest mixing the Klasse SG with a Quik Detailer (e.g. Meguiar) in a ratio of 4:1 to apply as a spray after washes (so say once a week or often?) Or what can I mix Klasse SG with to get a quick detailer for in-between washes?

Desertnate
05-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Yes, you can layer the Klasse SG, but if you're going to top it with a wax, I don't see the point. You'll have plenty of protection to last 5~6 months with a single coat.

Klasse SG was meant to be applied over AIO, so you'll be good on that front.

Once you layer the wax on top of the SG, you'll have plenty of options for toppers and don't really need to stick with an AIO mix (also sold commercially as Sonus Spritz). In fact, if you're topping with a carnuaba wax, I'd use a carnauba spray of some sort to keep the look you are going for.