PDA

View Full Version : Small Scratch on Side, ScratchX or PlasticX?

TheAverageMan
05-03-2015, 04:22 PM

I found this random scratch on the passenger side door of my month old car. It might have been my wife closing the door but i would have expected it to be horizontal, and she doesnt wear any jewelry, so no idea where it came from.

My nail doesnt super snag on it either, so its not super deep, but I couldnt wipe it away with a MF

So the question, is this a job for ScratchX 2.0, or PlasticX? Cause I think its plastic, but would like some input here. Thanks guys. Any comments or advice is welcome.

Rsurfer
05-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Use the least aggressive first and move up as necessary. Some pillars are covered with a plastic film so be careful and don't use too much pressure.

VISITOR
05-03-2015, 05:55 PM
the only thing is like to use plastx is for headlights (especially if they are yellowing/oxidized). IME it's a little too aggressive for sensitive/fine plastics and leaves a little bit of a marring behind. I would opt to use a polish (least aggressive) first (by hand with a foam applicator) and see where that gets you...

TheAverageMan
05-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Okay, a polish first by hand. I think I should just leave it for now until I do my big order on AG. As of now, I only have the basics for car maintenance.

D114 (California, so I do waterless)
D156 spray wax
D155 as my clay lube and detailer
Nanoskin Sponge Fine
Stoners Glass cleaner
Megs Interior Natural Shine
Megs Endurance Tire Gel
Costco and Chinchilla MFs

Plus local brushes, MF applicators, and sprayers

My AG major order will be in a few months, with a MT300, a lot of pads, D151, M21, and I plan to get Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Liquid wax local.

Thanks for the info guys. I think it's best to live with this scratch until I can master the waterless wash and all, then step up my game with a major order.

Car is a 2015 Honda Fit by the way. The pillar is a very fine plastic, so I'm afraid to fudge it up hard.