PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quik Detailer ... for windows? YES!

Don M
05-02-2015, 07:51 PM
I was cleaning my interior today and came to the windows. I thought about how when using UQD as a drying aid, the exterior glass was always clean and streak free, so I decided to try a little experiment. I took one of my microfiber cloths and got it wet as though I had just dried the car and wrung it out until it was just damp. Then I sprayed a light mist of UQD onto the cloth and started by rolling down the windows and cleaning the edges. I wiped the glass with the water/UQD dampened cloth, then immediately buffed it with a second, dry microfiber cloth. So far, so good. The edges of the glass were perfectly clear and streak free. So now I rolled the windows back up and did the same for the interior surface of the glass. A light shot of UQD on the damp cloth, wipe down the glass and immediately buff dry with the second cloth. Again success! the interior surface of the window was perfect.
Since I was on a winning streak, I decided to do the rest of the windows including the normally troublesome windshield and rear window. To my pleasant surprise, even these windows came out perfectly clear with not a streak or smear to be seen.
My thoughts? I won't be buying glass cleaner anytime soon, not as long as I have UQD on hand.

VISITOR
05-02-2015, 08:10 PM
on the exterior glass I usually will wipe down the windows with a QD/spray wax along with the paint and everything else on the exterior after a wash. the only time I usually use a dedicated glass cleaner is on the inside where I have tint. one bottle of glass cleaner will last me a long time...

North26
05-02-2015, 08:28 PM
on the exterior glass I usually will wipe down the windows with a QD/spray wax along with the paint and everything else on the exterior after a wash. the only time I usually use a dedicated glass cleaner is on the inside where I have tint. one bottle of glass cleaner will last me a long time...

Is your tint factory or after market?

FUNX650
05-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Perhaps the following IPA-example may not be exactly using the theorems in Euclidean geometry, with absolute proofs, such as the: "Transitive Property Proof", wherein:
If a = b, and b = c...therefore: a = c...

But I'll give it a try. :)

-Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) can be used to clean auto-glass.
-Many dedicated auto-glass cleaners contain IPA.
-Meguiar's UQD contains IPA.
-Therefore: Meguiar's UQD can be used to clean auto-glass.

Bob

VISITOR
05-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Is your tint factory or after market?

after market...

North26
05-03-2015, 12:53 AM
after market...

I talked to a tinting company in my area, when I was having my windows done. And they strongly advised against using glass cleaners on tint. Something to do with the chemicals in the cleaner turning the tint purple.

Idk if this is true but it wouldn't hurt to call your company and ask them just in case.

VISITOR
05-03-2015, 01:29 AM
I talked to a tinting company in my area, when I was having my windows done. And they strongly advised against using glass cleaners on tint. Something to do with the chemicals in the cleaner turning the tint purple.

Idk if this is true but it wouldn't hurt to call your company and ask them just in case.

if the glass cleaner is ammonia free then it's not a problem. both megs perfect clarity (also used nxt glass cleaner for years) and invisible glass are safe and do a great job... :dblthumb2:

dcjredline
05-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Last 2 cars I have done I have used the UWW+ for my interior cleaning. Go from the jambs with jamb towel, to the interior with an interior, and right into the 2 towel method described here for the windows! WORKED AWESOME and was easy.