PDA

View Full Version : The perfect tent or shelter to work in?

oldmodman
05-02-2015, 04:48 PM
I saw this on TV this morning on one of those garage shows.

It's pretty expensive but you can wash, polish or even paint in it. The model I am considering is the 750xt It is 20 feet long, 12 feet wide and 9-1/2 feet high and those are the inside dimensions. Now, here is the scary part. It costs $4015.00, and that is without the positive pressure filtered air and some other accessories I would want. But if you are actually in business to make money and you detail at customer's houses it would be a pretty impressive tool in your arsenal.

I am actually considering it. I have always wanted to try my hand at painting but I can't afford the space for a paint booth. This I could use it in my garage and when done let the air out and store it away.

FAST Shelter - Automotive & Industrial Shelter Models (http://www.fastshelter.com/automotiveindustrial/pricingautoind.html)

North26
05-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Paint is not too challenging. Coming from a detail back ground it is easier to learn. The hardest part is blending and matching. But that comes with time. I have only ever painted a few panels on my personal cars. But I was satisfied with the results and would like also like to do some more in the future. YouTube can be a great tool.

But that tent looks insane. And super expensive. If your heart is set on go for it. But personally I think that spending that much money for me would not be a wise decision. For ~5K you could easily rent a garage somewhere, depending on your location. And built a portable garage.

asalesagent912
05-02-2015, 05:34 PM
i would seriously think about buying that before u pull the trigger.
And get some reviews on it first. from the pic it doesnt look like there is much room to work on a decent size car comfortable. and think about the ventilation in there. If it is hot out you may be sweating your ------ off.
I dont mean to burst your bubble but it is alot of money to spend and you may not be happy.. good luck