PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Rupes pads

KS_Detailing
05-01-2015, 07:41 AM
I used the yellow rupes pads with the polish yesterday but cant seem to get the pad fully clean. I soaked it in APC, used my pad washer but its still stained from the polish. Normal or am I doing something wrong? thanks

Sizzle Chest
05-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Normal. Mine are the same way. You can see some slight staining/discoloration on my white and yellow Rupes pads. I know I cleaned them properly and am not very concerned about it. I believe it's similar to how some microfiber can become stained and hold the 'marks' even after cleaning.

Detail on!

OCD Detailing
05-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Best pad cleaner I have tried so far is the XMT pad cleaner. We use it on the Foam and MF pads. I spray the front of the pad, agitate is a little then put them in a ziplock bag for a day or two (until I get time to clean them) then I fill the sink with hot water and put them in there while I'm cleaning one at a time. Then I spin them dry with a cheap Harbor Freight Rotary. That XMT got pads clean that I had already cleaned with the powder type cleaner in a bucket of hot water. Even cleaned pads that I forgot to clean and sat out a few weeks with compound drying on them.

But sometimes there will be some staining you can't remove. I find that mostly with the pads we used for wax.

Sizzle Chest
05-01-2015, 09:27 AM
^^^^Thanks for that mini review/info OCD! I'm going to give XMT a try now.

Matt@Revive
05-01-2015, 09:35 AM
I let mine soak in a small water over night and they usually clean up really easy.

OCD Detailing
05-01-2015, 12:14 PM
^^^^Thanks for that mini review/info OCD! I'm going to give XMT a try now.

No problem

So far anything XMT I have tried has become my favorite.