PDA

View Full Version : Newbie start point

Skoolaman
04-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Hello guys.

I have watched a ton of videos on what i would like to do as far as jazzing up my car's exterior but I would appreciate any further help from the members in this knowledgeable forum. I think i have the right stuff and i'm 95% there but confirmation would go a long way for me.

I started detailing my car last year but only washed and polished it. This year i would like to go a step further (steps further) i have a light coloured 2005 g35x paint still looks good but some panels need a touch up because i can see oxidation on the roof and some areas on the sides. i would just like confirmation that the equipment i have bought/ going to buy is correct for what i want to do (remove some swirls, remove light to medium oxidation, and give it glossy shine to finish) I have watched a lot of videos and done research. But i just want to make sure

work order

1) Wash and dry
2) Mother's clay system
3) wash and dry again
4) Meguiars ultimate compound for oxidation and swirl removal (i think i need the medium/heavy cut orange pad for that)
5) Auto gylm high resin polish with the white hex logic pad (for polishing)
6) and i still have to buy a wax (green hex logic pad)

(I have a PC 7424XP polisher)

Does this sound right?

I live in Canada and it's hard to get product shipped here as the exchange rate, shipping costs, and border clearances almost triple the items cost so i use what the local car stores have in stock (Meguiars, Auto Gylm. Mothers, etc)

Any help would great thanks guys

trekkeruss
04-30-2015, 06:04 PM
No need to do a full wash after clay. I'm not familiar with Autogylm polish, but what I just read says it is actually an all-in-one "wax."

I'm a believer in synergy; since you're using Ultimate Compound, why not use Megs Ultimate Polish, and then Ultimate Wax to finish?

Corey06
04-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Hello guys.

I have watched a ton of videos on what i would like to do as far as jazzing up my car's exterior but I would appreciate any further help from the members in this knowledgeable forum. I think i have the right stuff and i'm 95% there but confirmation would go a long way for me.

I started detailing my car last year but only washed and polished it. This year i would like to go a step further (steps further) i have a light coloured 2005 g35x paint still looks good but some panels need a touch up because i can see oxidation on the roof and some areas on the sides. i would just like confirmation that the equipment i have bought/ going to buy is correct for what i want to do (remove some swirls, remove light to medium oxidation, and give it glossy shine to finish) I have watched a lot of videos and done research. But i just want to make sure

work order

1) Wash and dry
2) Mother's clay system
3) wash and dry again
4) Meguiars ultimate compound for oxidation and swirl removal (i think i need the medium/heavy cut orange pad for that)
5) Auto gylm high resin polish with the white hex logic pad (for polishing)
6) and i still have to buy a wax (green hex logic pad)

(I have a PC 7424XP polisher)

Does this sound right?

I live in Canada and it's hard to get product shipped here as the exchange rate, shipping costs, and border clearances almost triple the items cost so i use what the local car stores have in stock (Meguiars, Auto Gylm. Mothers, etc)

Any help would great thanks guys

Where in Canada are you located? I am located in Ontario and order all my stuff from eshine, they are located in port colbourne and they carry everything and its all Canadian pricing. Check them out.

Skoolaman
04-30-2015, 09:21 PM
@trekkeruss - you know what i will do that. i had some of the autoglym polish left from last season but forgot to take it out of the garage this winter and i'm sure it froze solid and thawed so it's probably garbage. i will stick to your suggestion and just get all the same brand - thank you

Skoolaman
04-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Where in Canada are you located? I am located in Ontario and order all my stuff from eshine, they are located in port colbourne and they carry everything and its all Canadian pricing. Check them out.

i was looking for the cyclo soft upholstery brush to attach to my pc7424xp to clean my leather seats but eshine didn't carry it - thanks for the suggestion. i spoke to someone there today, very helpful. i'm in Markham north of Toronto. I spoke to Larry from wisdom detail and he said he can get one for me next week, he's out of Ajax or scarborough