PDA

View Full Version : 2 Step Correction (M105/M205) Question

Nabors
04-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Hello,
When doing a 2 step correction, is it the general practice to do the whole first step major correction across the whole vehicle then do the polishing stage, or do you do the complete correction one panel at a time?

Matt@Revive
04-30-2015, 09:50 AM
whole car one step at a time

The Guz
04-30-2015, 09:58 AM
You can do it wither way. It's personal preference.

Nabors
04-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks! And while on the subject, how similar is it detailing and buffing boats to cars? Being in central Florida, less than a quarter mile away from a big lake, there are a large number of boats.

hernandez.art13
04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Here's one thing that I've learned. It can be best (for me at least) to do one panel at a time. Meaning, compound, then polish that area and then move on to the next panel. Reason being, if at a certain point something goes wrong only that panel will be affected and you only have to trouble shoot that area, instead of having to go back and figure out what went wrong and where.

For example, if you are compounding the entire car and then going back and polishing the entire car. At any point you could have picked up a piece of dirt and created pig tails. If you did the entire car, then you have to figure out where the pig tails started occurring and have to go back hunting for them, which can use up a lot of time.

If compounding and polishing that panel at least you are sure the panels previously done are good. That's just a way I prefer to do it now.

I usually have 2 machines connected primed and ready to be used. For example, one primed with compound and a microfiber cutting pad and the other machine with polish and a polishing pad. I then just go from panel to panel switching between each machine on the fly.