PDA

View Full Version : wax "gassing"

big dave 666
04-30-2015, 07:06 AM
Not sure what the correct technical term is, but I'm referring to the cloudy residue that can appear a number of hours after removing a wax.

What causes this, and how can it be avoided? never experienced it myself, but it wood be good to know what it is and how to avoid and rectify it......thanks

tuscarora dave
04-30-2015, 07:22 AM
It's likely happening in the evening just before dark? The evening dew settling on a finish that's now full of surface tension from polishing and waxing. If this is the case, not sure it can be avoided. I have noticed however, that a quick drive makes it evaporate off.

Desertnate
04-30-2015, 07:30 AM
If it isn't the condensation mentioned above, are you talking about a haze forming on the surface that must be buffed off?

If it's haze and not dew, the wax is probably being applied too heavily.

big dave 666
04-30-2015, 07:46 AM
yes, sorry, like a haze that forms thank you :-)

wdmaccord
04-30-2015, 08:32 AM
I'd probably go with Desetnate's reply. I had this issue last fall when I put on Coll845 on my own car. Got it way to heavy that time for some reason (I think I was just in too much of a hurry). My roof always looked hazy and parts of my hood did too. I've switched to a crimson 4" HT pad for sealant application now and that helps me keep the product down a ton.