PDA

View Full Version : Products I'm choosing for detail

fauzool
04-30-2015, 02:43 AM
Tell me what you guys think! With Questions!

Im still debating what color pad I should use. I have no swirls on my car that I can find. For a Finishing Polish im debating what color pads to use.

Optimum Car Wash Cleaner
Motherless Clay Kit
Iron X (This should take off existing wax/sealant?)
Menzerna SF4500 (Opinions?)
Lake Country Flat Gray Pad (No Swirl Marks on my car)
Chemical Guy's Black Light
WolfGang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
BlackFire Midnight Sun

Ebg18t
04-30-2015, 05:28 AM
After you clay there is a chance you have introduced some light marks.

When I do my final polish I have been using LC white (or Uber Blue), but I have been dying to try the Tangerine since it seems to be kinda white but kinda grey.

I have been using the Menzerna SF as my polish till recently. I just started using CarPro Reflect and find it polishes awesome but in my humidity was easier to remove than SF.

IMHO you might be using a tad to many products and not getting enough 'wow' for your time. Menzerna SF followed by CG, followed by WGDGS, followed by BF midnight Sun.

WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant looks awesome and offers solid protection.

trashmanssd
04-30-2015, 06:14 AM
Iron-X before clay (wasn't sure if you put it in order or just a list), also may want try a clay substitute one of the many surface prep towels they are much easier and way way way faster (only down side is some have had light marring from it but even a light polish removes it, my self I have not had that issue I use a lot lube LOL).

mwoolfso
04-30-2015, 06:34 AM
+1 on the IronX before clay.... clay step should be a little easier. Between the IronX and clay you will break down a significant amount of the LSP.... then you plan on polishing which will then finish the job.

Personally, I think you have too many polishing and finishing steps but your products seem sound. The risk you run is that one product layered over the over may mute some characteristics. Your mileage varies so give it a try and evaluate as you go. As to pad types.... perform a test spot with grey and white pads for the SF4500 step.

Before you start the Blacklight, Sealant steps I would do an IPA (or similar) on the paint surface to ensure a clean surface.

fauzool
04-30-2015, 12:23 PM
So you guys are saying i have to can't finishing steps what would you change?

Audios S6
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
I'd probably choose menzerna SF4000 over 4500 as you will likely get some marks from claying and SF4500 has so little cut that it probably won't do the job. Also, may want to get some white pads as well as gray, or go with tangerine pads since they can cut almost like white and finish like gray.

If you go with blacklight, I don't think you need an IPA wipe after your polish, the blacklight should assist with oil removal since it is an AIO or a gloss-enhancing sealant or whatever CG decides it is today. And Todd Helme claims it has abrasives and his review is part of the CG copy, so I think it might be true, or false or unknown. Joking aside, I don't think you need an IPA wipe before blacklight (except to check your work).