PDA

View Full Version : Applying Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion w/ straightline technique?

CC268
04-29-2015, 10:29 PM
This may be a stupid question, but should I be applying my Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion by using the straightline technique that Mike Phillips recommends for applying Carnauba waxes?

I don't have a polisher so I have to do all my waxing by hand for now.

trekkeruss
04-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Many people use their polisher to apply wax, and the polisher moves in circles. So applying wax in straight lines is not going to be better or worse, just different.

CC268
04-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Anyone else have any opinion on this?

silverfox
04-30-2015, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't apply a polish as you would wax. One needs to be worked, the other just spread out. Circular gives you more working ability.

Tato
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
In my opinion you may work both circular and straight lines, just need to work it properly.

Doesn't need to be said but won't hurt, application media (towel, foam applicator, etc) needs to be squeaky clean. Shake product properly.

Spread product in a way it will cover work area and give you enough lubrication while working, get product evenly on applicator.

Apply pressure over applicator evenly and NOT with only exerting punctual pressure with fingertips.

The pressure over applicator should be to evenly distribute force downward in order to 'engage' pad to paint, but workforce is directed sideways while maintaining the pressure to engage.

Arm Speed is needed (more crucial when polishing but desirable when working by hand), this is why we call it 'elbow grease' hahahaha

Now, if you do it properly, circular, front to back, side-to-side, 8-figure, won't matter a lot in the end if you work consistently.

Concentrate at task at hand and keep your best effort to work surface 'Evenly', that's where a good result comes from.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards.

CC268
04-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Alright thanks guys, I will just apply the Collinite in a straight line technique.