PDA

View Full Version : 303 Aerospace

DogRescuer
04-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I really like this product and still trying others. My ? is has anyone tried 303 on leather and what do you think?

Ebg18t
04-29-2015, 07:21 PM
IMHO There are better products for leather.

rlmccarty2000
04-29-2015, 07:25 PM
I love 303 products, but I think it is too slick for leather.

DogRescuer
04-29-2015, 07:34 PM
IMHO There are better products for leather.

Feel free to suggest some

MPBGT
04-29-2015, 07:34 PM
It works well on coated leather and is safe. It will protect from uv damage as well as help keep it clean.

As far as what is best that's a matter of preference. I've used optimum and pinnacle products with success along with 303 AP. When the leather is coated much of it just comes down to preference.

FUNX650
04-29-2015, 07:47 PM
My ? is has anyone tried 303 on leather and what do you think?
•I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on
"finished/not-readily-absorbent/coated" leathers.
-The results have always been very satisfactory. :xyxthumbs:

Just to note:
•"Finished Leather" is leather that is dyed the desired
color...and then finished...so it does not readily absorb
water and/or other liquids.
•Auto upholstery is, for all intents and purposes,
almost always finished leather.

BTW:
Please be aware that 303 Aerospace Protectant
should not be used on "absorbent leathers"!

Bob

Ebg18t
04-29-2015, 08:36 PM
Feel free to suggest some

I have been using Leather Masters cleaners and protectant on our Audi, Porsche & VW leather for years with great success. Click for Leather Masters (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-auto-care.html)

I recently started using the Ultima Interior Trim Guard on the VW Leather. So far it has been excellent also; keeps the whole interior soft and protected.

I reserve the 303 for the vinyl on our boat seats. It's got great UV protection.

Mask
04-29-2015, 11:42 PM
303AP is great for interior.
Makes the leather and trims feels smooth.
I currently looking at meg D156 for interior :p

kecko
04-30-2015, 12:39 AM
I have used 303 on my car's leather without any issues but I have always used it as a quick detail and not a cleaner or conditioner. I have other things I use for that.

I like the fact that it's not sticky and doesn't leave the surface shiny. It's leaves a nice matte sheen behind...My suggestion is not to spray it on the leather. Just mist on a MF rag and wipe on and off.

DogRescuer
04-30-2015, 06:43 AM
•I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on
"finished/not-readily-absorbent/coated" leathers.
-The results have always been very satisfactory. :xyxthumbs:

Just to note:
•"Finished Leather" is leather that is dyed the desired
color...and then finished...so it does not readily absorb
water and/or other liquids.
•Auto upholstery is, for all intents and purposes,
almost always finished leather.

BTW:
Please be aware that 303 Aerospace Protectant
should not be used on "absorbent leathers"!

Bob
So bob, finished leather means it has a shine to it? Im confused, im not sure if mine is finished or not? I have a CRV.

Desertnate
04-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Finished leather doesn't necessarily have a shine to it, but a vinyl-like coating applied which seals the grain. My VW seats aren't shiny, but my wife's Toyota seats area.

I've been using 303 on them with great success for a while. However, I've seen leather in other cars like Audi's where I'd probably be much more selective on what I use.

MPBGT
04-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Finished or coated leather in the sense of cars means it has a protective layer over it to prevent stains and make it wear better. Most cars have coated or finished leather of some sort. The king ranch ford trucks would be an exception they have aniline leather which has no coating at all, you would NOT use 303 in that case.
I'm sure there are German cars with unfinished leather and other cars that I don't know about, however the vast majority of new cars are finished.

Desertnate
04-30-2015, 08:30 AM
The king ranch ford trucks would be an exception they have aniline leather which has no coating at all, you would NOT use 303 in that case.
I'm sure there are German cars with unfinished leather and other cars that I don't know about, however the vast majority of new cars are finished.

I was looking at some Nappa Leather seats in an Audi TT S last Cars and Coffee which would give me pause. It seemed really smooth and soft compared to other leather surfaces I'm used to seeing.

FUNX650
04-30-2015, 08:41 AM
I was looking at some Nappa Leather seats in an Audi TT S last Cars and Coffee which would give me pause. It seemed really smooth and soft compared to other leather surfaces I'm used to seeing.
Nappa: one type/name of Aniline-leather.
{In layman's terms: the leather's "pores" are not sealed.}

Use Aniline-leather cleaners and protectants.

Bob