PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant

99C5Coupe
04-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Can Pinnacle Black Label Paint Sealant be used after using Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion without using IPA?

Setec Astronomy
04-29-2015, 08:06 AM
That's a great question, interested to hear the answer, or whether you will need to use the Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish.

DBAILEY
04-29-2015, 09:19 AM
I would think that you would want to avoid the glazing component of the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. The Black Label Diamond Paint Sealant has looked great on every color I have tried it on.

medicscott
05-18-2015, 08:15 PM
I've spoken to the folks at Pinnacle about this very topic. They recommend doing your paint correction step with their compound or swirl remover then using black label surface cleaning polish and nothing else. I used car pro eraser and the rep over the phone told me NOT to do that. The polish preps the paint perfectly for the coating to bond to the paint. One time I ran out of black label polish and used their traditional advanced finishing polish (has a greyish color) and I feel I got the exact same results. Their coating is super super easy to apply. Just have a good quality microfiber to hit the high spots. I fell in love with Girots Garage speed shine microfibers that auto zone sells...they had a sale $13.99/3 pack. I bought every package they had. Those towels IMO are AWESOME.

conquistador
05-18-2015, 08:26 PM
I've spoken to the folks at Pinnacle about this very topic. They recommend doing your paint correction step with their compound or swirl remover then using black label surface cleaning polish and nothing else. I used car pro eraser and the rep over the phone told me NOT to do that. The polish preps the paint perfectly for the coating to bond to the paint. One time I ran out of black label polish and used their traditional advanced finishing polish (has a greyish color) and I feel I got the exact same results. Their coating is super super easy to apply. Just have a good quality microfiber to hit the high spots. I fell in love with Girots Garage speed shine microfibers that auto zone sells...they had a sale $13.99/3 pack. I bought every package they had. Those towels IMO are AWESOME.

The OP is referring to Black Label Sealant not the coating. I'd see no reason why you can't apply the sealant after the cleansing polish.

medicscott
05-18-2015, 10:26 PM
The OP is referring to Black Label Sealant not the coating. I'd see no reason why you can't apply the sealant after the cleansing polish.

Sorry. I was referring to the coating by mistake. Read the thread wrong. If anyone cares how to apply their coating, the answer is above. Sorry for the confusion!