PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed topped with WGDGPS 3.0

evangorp
04-28-2015, 06:49 PM
As the title says, I am intrigued by these to products for my tux black truck. Does anyone know if they would play well together, or would I be better off using the UC and UP I already have and top those with WG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HateSwirls
04-28-2015, 07:44 PM
HD Speed has wax in it so not suited for applying a sealant over it.
Better off using UP or UC.

evangorp
04-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Just found this out reading more in depth, thanks for answering though! Just trying to get a order put in before midnight to take advantage of the sale and trying to get the right stuff. Starting to think I am way over thinking this and just need to start simple and build up from there! I have collonite 845, would Meg's M21 be a better choice to use with UC and UP?

evangorp
04-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Or would WG work as well?

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2015, 08:14 PM
I dunno if WDGPS really needs a topper. If you want to finish with a wax, maybe you have it all figured with UC/UP/845. Sorry if I stopped you from spending some money.

evangorp
04-28-2015, 08:21 PM
I dunno if WDGPS really needs a topper. If you want to finish with a wax, maybe you have it all figured with UC/UP/845. Sorry if I stopped you from spending some money.

There is still plenty to spend! Just trying to stay conservative and get what I need at the moment, and not what I think I need! Never used a DA before, this will be the first time, so I have lots to get!

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2015, 08:25 PM
I have more stuff than I could ever use, conservative is good.

Zubair
04-29-2015, 03:23 PM
UC, UP and 845 will cover all bases of paint care indefinitely.

FUNX650
04-29-2015, 05:53 PM
From HD Speed's product description page:

First this:
"Polishes and protects painted surfaces in one easy step.
3D HD Speed is an all-in-one cleaner, polish and Sealant..."

And then (later on in the description) this:
"HD Speed removes light imperfections, increases gloss significantly,
and lays down a durable coat of Wax all at the same time".

Irregardless:

•Many people feel the protection offered by an AIO isn't adequate, and will add an additional film-layer of either a Sealant or Wax to the AIO.

As such:
•I can see where adding a film layer of WGDGPS 3.0 will be beneficial to the beefing-up of the HD Speed's protective qualities.

Bob

silverfox
04-29-2015, 07:19 PM
However putting a sealant on a sealant of different families may be counterproductive. I'd top speed with poxy.

evangorp
04-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Went a different route for now, I'll use UC and UP, then I'll top with 845 or I also threw a bottle of M21 on my order, figured for $16 it's worth a shot! Seems people like both!