PDA

View Full Version : How to tell the correct Mytee?

OCD Detailing
04-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Hello all,

We are in the market for a hot water extractor. We currently have a nice steamer but think the hot water extracter will be quicker for the day to day jobs. As I understand Mytee upgraded the power on the 8070 a few years ago. Is there a way to tell by looking at it? I found a used one and would like to make sure. I'm looking at the 8070 or the HP60 but from what I can tell with the upgraded 8070 they are basically the same except tank size and wattage which I assume having the higher watts just allows it to heat faster. Well that and a decent weight difference.

Thank you

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
That's a good question, it's an old style (meaning it doesn't look like the current ones)? My data that I collected shows that by 5/1/13 Mytee was saying that the Lite, the HP60, and the HP100 all had 130" water lift, but I don't know how you tell from looking at it.

We've had a few threads here complaining about the Lite and Mytee in general, I'd grill the guy pretty good about why he wants to sell it.

OCD Detailing
04-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Thank you. Turns out it's 5 years old and he is asking 600$.

I read through the forums. Found good and bad reviews. I don't see a lot of options out there with equal performance. It's tough to really know. Online reviews tend to be slanted towards the negative but I do take them into consideration. Reading about the few other machines I know of, they seemed to have more negative than positive. I'm also taking into consideration Mytee is a pretty large brand from what I can tell and they are also located in CA.

What other brands are prices similar with similar performance? I looked up the Chemical Guys one and it didn't seem to have the same performance.

Thank you

Setec Astronomy
04-29-2015, 10:10 AM
There is nothing in the Lite price range that is a "real" extractor. Well, I did find one at a janitorial site that is a little cheaper than the Lite, a 3 gallon, but it's got much less pump pressure, water lift, shorter hoses, unknown wattage on the heater.

The other one I had been looking at is being discontinued, it's almost twice the price of the Lite, has separate cords for the vac/pump and heater (which can be a pro or a con, the pro is you don't need a 20amp circuit like for the Lite), that's a tough sell when you could go up to an HP60 for less money.

PS $600 is crazy for a 5 yo Lite--if you wait for a no exclusions sale here you can get a new one for $800 shipped.

Pureshine
04-30-2015, 02:12 AM
If you want to know the one I have you can pm me. It has a 5 year warranty on everything.

Setec Astronomy
04-30-2015, 09:04 AM
Here's your no-exclusion sale: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials-members-only/91198-1-day-only-15-off-no-exclusions-7-95-flat-rate-shipping-over-150-a.html

larry33
04-30-2015, 10:49 AM
So what is the favorite extractor?