PDA

View Full Version : My Pick For Leather Cleaner

Creedmoor
04-27-2015, 12:47 PM
I have a white leather sofa, so you can imagine how dirty it can get. I tried almost every product that said they could clean leather, however the dirt would just barely come off.

I had some Quick and Brite paste and it worked like magic. The dirt literally melted off, so off to the tan leather in the BMW and once again, it melted off with one wipe.

FinishingTouchA
04-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Leatherique is my go to product for porous leather that is dirty and dry, the oil pushes out the dirt and softens the leather, then you use the cleaner to wipe away what was pushed out.

FUNX650
04-27-2015, 06:10 PM
You are free to use whatever cleaning products on
automotive leathers as you wish...

However:
I'd much rather use dedicated leather products, such as:
"Leather Master's" Leather Care Products...
than a cleaner-product, like Quick 'N' Brite Paste that, for all intents and purposes, is a base soap...a soap made from fatty acids...with those fatty acids in this particular product being derived from coconut oil.

Bob

Creedmoor
04-27-2015, 06:58 PM
You are free to use whatever cleaning products on
automotive leathers as you wish...

However:
I'd much rather use dedicated leather products, such as:
"Leather Master's" Leather Care Products...
than a cleaner-product, like Quick 'N' Brite Paste that, for all intents and purposes, is a base soap...a soap made from fatty acids...with those fatty acids in this particular product being derived from coconut oil.

Bob

Nothing in my experience cleans leather like Qucik and Brite paste. Of course you have to treat the leather after. Leather Master products will not clean but are great for conditioning. Just my opinion based on a "white couch" experience where I spent well over a hundred bucks on leather cleaners, which are now long gone in the dust bin.

frankprozzoly
04-27-2015, 07:55 PM
I've never heard of quick and brite paste

KMdef9
04-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Leather Master products will not clean

Wrong.

They clean my light tan Cadillac leather just fine.

Breese147
04-27-2015, 09:28 PM
Steam cleaning is the way I go for deep cleaning!

FUNX650
04-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Nothing in my experience cleans leather like Qucik and Brite paste.

"Cleans leather"; and: Safely cleans leather...
are two totally different aspects of how to look
at Leather, especially at the molecular level.

Of course you have to treat the leather after.

What are using "to treat the leather"...
after you have mistreated it with Quick 'N' Brite?

Leather Master products will not clean

I beg your pardon!
Please see the below post:

Wrong.

They clean my light tan Cadillac leather just fine.

^^^ Thank you, KMdef9... :xyxthumbs: ... :iagree: ^^^

Bob

Ebg18t
04-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Leather Master products will not clean but are great for conditioning.

Weird, they clean my Audi, Porsche & VW light colored leather quite well. Been using them for years without issue.

Mask
04-27-2015, 10:00 PM
I use Meguiars D101 (1:9)
For stubborn dirt OPC (1:5)
Maintain with Meguiars QID

:D

conman1395
04-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner. Better than D101 and OPC.
Leather specific: I like Pristine Clean. I really like Mother's leather cleaner with the press-to-spray head. It's inexpensive and it works very, very well.

KMdef9
04-27-2015, 11:35 PM
"Cleans leather"; and: Safely cleans leather...
are two totally different aspects of how to look
at Leather, especially at the molecular level.

Yes! Because something cleans "easier" is NOT taking the least aggressive approach. I.E.; Starting with 3000 grit sandpaper will take out light scratches in a CC, but is over kill and has a much higher risk of doing more harm than good.

OP, is your leather treated/coated? Is it real leather? What stained/dirtied the leather? Many times there isn't a 1 product fits all for cleaning things. Some stains needs specific products while being safe on the material they're set into.

Did this product damage the leather? How do you know if it did or didn't?