PDA

View Full Version : Rinse Less Detail Cart

Pages : [1] 2

spence
04-26-2015, 10:17 PM
I put together my Rinse Less Wash Detail Cart. It consists of a $79.00 Harbor Freight Service Cart, 3-1/2 gal rinse bucket with Grid Guard, fresh water bowl, dirty mf towel tub (lower shelf), water spray bottle, Ultima WW+ 128:1 spray bottle, Stoner's Invisible Glass spray bottle. For the tires Huggies, CarPro Perl and Flex Foam Applicator.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=866&pictureid=4939

The drawer will be used to store 4 Megs wash mitts, 4 Griots Blue Speed Shine MF Towels, 3 Megs Waffle Weave MF towels, and 2 Cobra Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towels.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=866&pictureid=4940

I love the cart, no more going back and forth around the car. But, the one draw back is that I could not fit my Rigid Shop Vac into the lower shelf. As a result I have to roll out the shop vac independently.

dcjredline
04-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Huggies for the tires????????????????

Cool setup man!

Setec Astronomy
04-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Huggies for the tires????????????????

I think this calls for a new tire cleaning thread, LOL!

spence
04-26-2015, 10:55 PM
On a couple of posts I asked forum members if there was a good way to clean wheels and tires without a hose since I do the rinse less in the garage. Desertnate suggested baby wipes. I thought he was joking but a week later I decided to try Huggies. They cleaned well, they were soft so they did not scratch and they did not tear. But it takes 2 or 3 Huggies (using both sides) per wheel. Maybe there are wipes out there made for wheels ???

FinishingTouchA
04-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Maybe get another bucket and mitt for wheels and mix in some APC with the rinseless?

spence
04-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Tried it. Stained the Megs Mitt 3 washes with BF and or All Clear could not remove the stain. You can just throw away the Huggies

spence
04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
To be honest, the reason I am trying different things is that I live in CA and due to the draught the days of using hoses and buckets may soon be over. I am certainly not advocating Huggies for cleaning wheels if you live outside of the draught area. Soap, brushes and a hose rinse is better, faster and easier.

FinishingTouchA
04-27-2015, 12:19 AM
Black Onyx Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt, microfiber car wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/black-microfiber-wash-mitt.html)
If all you're concerned about is staining

Marcov719
04-27-2015, 12:22 AM
To be honest, the reason I am trying different things is that I live in CA and due to the draught the days of using hoses and buckets may soon be over. I am certainly not advocating Huggies for cleaning wheels if you live outside of the draught area. Soap, brushes and a hose rinse is better, faster and easier.

Try using a second bucket for your wheels and rinse off with your spray water bottle. At least that's what I do in my garage at my apartment complex and it works really well. I use Megs Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner, barrel ez detail brush and regular lug nut detail brush. I also blow the wheels off with my shop vac to get rid of any sitting water.

CDot
04-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Try using a second bucket for your wheels and rinse off with your spray water bottle. At least that's what I do in my garage at my apartment complex and it works really well. I use Megs Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner, barrel ez detail brush and regular lug nut detail brush. I also blow the wheels off with my shop vac to get rid of any sitting water.

^^^This is what I've done when washing the wheels with a rinseless; it works very well.

jaymz
04-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Here's mine from a previous post.Jim http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-garage-accessories/72224-my-homemade-repurposed-detailing-cart.html

spence
04-27-2015, 02:40 PM
Here's mine from a previous post.Jim http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-garage-accessories/72224-my-homemade-repurposed-detailing-cart.html

Excellent Cart, I know the commenter was joking about adding a cup holder, but I am going to have to look at adding one. If for nothing else for a conversation piece.

spence
04-27-2015, 02:50 PM

Don't you have to wipe the wheels with something to get rid of the last bit of residue ? My experience has been there is always a little bit of iron and road grime left in the corners. I tried micro fiber pads but they would just turn black as well. Maybe the Megs non acid wheel cleaner puts everything in solution so blow drying would remove all the grime. I will have to try it (in my drive way not in the garage).

spence
04-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Black Onyx Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt, microfiber car wash mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/black-microfiber-wash-mitt.html)
If all you're concerned about is staining

This mitt does not stain when you clean your wheels ???? Remember I have got daily drivers not garage queens.

Marcov719
04-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Don't you have to wipe the wheels with something to get rid of the last bit of residue ? My experience has been there is always a little bit of iron and road grime left in the corners. I tried micro fiber pads but they would just turn black as well. Maybe the Megs non acid wheel cleaner puts everything in solution so blow drying would remove all the grime. I will have to try it (in my drive way not in the garage).

I'm pretty good about cleaning my wheels on a weekly basis and even waxing them so cleaning them is a breeze. Even with my aggressive brake pads I'm able to get them really clean. After I'm done blowing them I do go over it with a black microfiber towel and detail spray and touch up anything I missed.

I also forgot to mention I have a dedicated wash mitt with a hand pocket that allows me to get into all the corners or by bending the EZ Wheel Detail brush.