PDA

View Full Version : If you liked inception, you will like this

LavJordan
04-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Go watch the movie Interstellar. Dont read the description, dont watch the trailer. They portray the movie as just another action, save the world, stranded in space movie. In reality, this movie makes you think. If you remember inception, not the same premise, but the same kind of messing with your mind idea. Not only that, but its got the emotional side for your girlfriend/wife! :props:

Trust me, go watch it now.

tenblade2001
04-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Same director..great movie. It's pretty heady and I enjoyed it a lot more the second time I watched it (after I read a little about the "science" behind it). Here's a pretty good video (no major spoilers).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7tV7v71k-I

AutowerxDetailing
04-26-2015, 11:14 PM
I loved how they used relativity and space/time craziness as a main part of the plot. Most people don't think about time as a "thing" that we all experience relative to one another.

d33p
04-27-2015, 01:43 AM
Was it a dream inside of space inside of a dream?

af90
04-27-2015, 02:19 AM
Was not a fan of Inception, but Interstellar was incredibly well done.

LavJordan
04-27-2015, 02:56 AM
Was not a fan of Inception, but Interstellar was incredibly well done.

Why didn't you like inception? if you dont mind me asking

tenblade2001
04-27-2015, 06:38 AM
Was it a dream inside of space inside of a dream?

watch the video link I posted. Degrassi does a nice job explaining the physics behind it. In the worm hole, time is a variable..not a constant i.e. you can enter/exit at different points.

af90
04-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Why didn't you like inception? if you dont mind me asking I think there's plot twists and anticipation that can enhance a movie. But Inception was just overdone to the point where it was difficult to follow and seemed complicated just for the sake of being complicated.

LavJordan
04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Inception was a little hard to follow. But after watching it a second and third time, it became almost like a puzzle and it was a lot more interesting the more you noticed. But I can understand where it got a little confusing

lawrenceSA
04-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Watched Interstellar today - thanks for the recommendation:dblthumb2:

Enjoyed it, along with Inception...

SirTanon
04-27-2015, 02:24 PM
I will start by saying I LOVE Interstellar, just as much as I loved Inception. Both are spectacular, though-provoking movies, although I must say that I enjoyed Interstellar quite a bit more.

I really enjoyed the exploration angle, and the approach they took to it, and I really enjoyed how the movie portrays the wormhole, the black hole, time dilation, etc..

I thought how they showed the wormhole was brilliant.. I studied nuclear engineering in college, and I study astrophysics and astronomy now, although not working toward a degree at this point, so I have a solid understanding of a lot of the science that they cover in the movie, and they got so much of it right.

Yes, there were quite a few things I thought they got very wrong, but so what.. the movie was beautiful, awe-inspiring, and powerful.. I picked up the special-edition Blu-Ray and I've watched it a few times now, including in the theater, and I still find myself getting choked up by many scenes in it.

If you haven't watched it, watch it. It's a 'wow' kind of movie.