PDA

View Full Version : foam gun question

mixxer
09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
whats the difference between the autogeek,pinnicle,wolfgang foam gun?are they worth getting? if so whats the best soap to run thru them?

Truls
09-02-2007, 12:27 PM
They are the same, just different labeling. Well worth getting imo, great for soaking the gritt and dirt on the car so its easyer to get it of when hosing/HP washing your car

DP extrem soap is great in the Foam Gun (its made for the foam gun infact), but you can also use Poorboys SS&S and Duragloss 901 with lots of foam. All soaps for car washing can be used, but some isnt foamy enought and doesnt suit the gun well

mixxer
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
thanks i have PB ss and s so im good to go

Tonya
09-02-2007, 03:23 PM
They are the same, just different labeling. Well worth getting imo, great for soaking the gritt and dirt on the car so its easyer to get it of when hosing/HP washing your car

DP extrem soap is great in the Foam Gun (its made for the foam gun infact), but you can also use Poorboys SS&S and Duragloss 901 with lots of foam. All soaps for car washing can be used, but some isnt foamy enought and doesnt suit the gun well
:iagree:
I have used the Poorboys SS&S and DP Extreme and like them both. I would just add that its fun as well.

blk45
09-02-2007, 03:33 PM
thanks i have PB ss and s so im good to go

They come with some DP Extreme Foam, so you will be able to try that as well.

02CAMSS
09-02-2007, 04:00 PM
dp extreme and duragloss work good and mine(foam gun) always makes the neighbors stare.

njgolfer
09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I just bought the foam gun and a 32oz bottle of DP Extreme. Hoping it helps speed up the car washing process. Anything to save some time but still get good results.

AL417
09-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I just bought the foam gun and a 32oz bottle of DP Extreme. Hoping it helps speed up the car washing process. Anything to save some time but still get good results.You're gonna love this combo. I've used my foam gun with several different shampoos and found that DP Xtreme is by far the best for me. It foams like crazy!

YankeeFan
09-05-2007, 06:45 AM
I just bought the foam gun and a 32oz bottle of DP Extreme. Hoping it helps speed up the car washing process. Anything to save some time but still get good results.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it speeds up cleaning the car. I think it's main purpure is to prewash so that you reduce the chance of creating swirl marks. So actually it adds a small step. Do others find it speeds up the process for them?

Howard

AL417
09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Others can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it speeds up cleaning the car. I think it's main purpure is to prewash so that you reduce the chance of creating swirl marks. So actually it adds a small step. Do others find it speeds up the process for them?

Howard
You can use the foam gun to pre-soak the car which makes it easier to wash and reduce swirling. You can also use the gun in one hand and wash with the other. You should still rinse your mitt as you wash sections but it does seem to go a little faster this way. Hope this helps.

YankeeFan
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
You can use the foam gun to pre-soak the car which makes it easier to wash and reduce swirling. You can also use the gun in one hand and wash with the other. You should still rinse your mitt as you wash sections but it does seem to go a little faster this way. Hope this helps.

The only issue I had with that is the gun shoots the soap/water out with enough force that it splashes all over the place. I tried to reduce the pressure but I got less soap. Also, I felt it a little cumbersome to hold the gun in one and the mitt in the other to wash effectively. Then put both down, disconnect the gun so I can rinse off the portion I just cleaned. Then start over again for the next area. Lastly, I think the directions state to keep the gun upright at all times but I'd buy anyone Souvran wax (just kidding) if they can get that gun to sit upright on the grass or driveway! Don't want to be negative about the gun, as I know many like it, but at this point in time I just see it as a prewash. Just curious how you're doing the above?

Howard

njgolfer
09-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Cool. I am hoping to go the gun in 1 hand and mitt in another route. That way I just have to stop to rinse the mitt...

mrb
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
One of the best products I have purchased. Works just like as adverstised. I find it is not neccessary to mix up a bucket of water and soap to wash the car. Got so many suds that it makes the bucket and soap like yesterdays technology.
Just keep spraying foam as you move down the car, saves a lot of time. I still mix up a bucket of water and soap just in case but it has been a waste of time.
The quaitily of the product is first class. Very good Autogeek Thanks. I do not understand the high powered foam machines. I thought the idea was to leave polish,glaze sealant on the car in between wash. High Pressure foam does not seem like a the best way of protecting the car surface.

AL417
09-06-2007, 05:58 AM
The only issue I had with that is the gun shoots the soap/water out with enough force that it splashes all over the place. I tried to reduce the pressure but I got less soap. Also, I felt it a little cumbersome to hold the gun in one and the mitt in the other to wash effectively. Then put both down, disconnect the gun so I can rinse off the portion I just cleaned. Then start over again for the next area. Lastly, I think the directions state to keep the gun upright at all times but I'd buy anyone Souvran wax (just kidding) if they can get that gun to sit upright on the grass or driveway! Don't want to be negative about the gun, as I know many like it, but at this point in time I just see it as a prewash. Just curious how you're doing the above?

Howard
I agree that getting the gun to stay upright when you set it down can be a challenge but it can be done. :) This site from forum member blkyukon may help you, go to the washing section and watch the video.
Paintcare & Detailing - Enthusiasts guide to detailing (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/)

mrb
09-07-2007, 08:11 PM
One of the best new tools I have purchased. Love it ,