PDA

View Full Version : Waxing weekly

david79z28
04-26-2015, 09:28 AM
I have friends that wax their cars weekly before car shows.

I don't show my car that often. When I do, I apply a glaze.

Is there any benefit to waxing that often, other than having that freshly waxed look?

Mask
04-26-2015, 09:40 AM
For show wax it is nice to apply weekly after wash to keep them looking great. However I had switch to spray wax for ease of application.

Regards

aim4squirrels
04-26-2015, 09:48 AM
They aren't waxing it for protection purposes, they're trying to avoid their family, LOL.

In all seriousness, the car will never look better than the first day it's waxed. Maybe you should do more car shows.

silverfox
04-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Waxing weekly will actually dull the paint over time, and a waste of time and money. Go with a rinseless wash that has a bit of protection like Pinnacle or ONR rinseless wash and wax...then wash it 5x a week if you want without worry of over waxing.

hogie
04-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Yup, waste of time

Kamakaz1961
04-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Waxing weekly will actually dull the paint over time, and a waste of time and money. Go with a rinseless wash that has a bit of protection like Pinnacle or ONR rinseless wash and wax...then wash it 5x a week if you want without worry of over waxing.

:iagree: Too much waxing will eventually lose its warmth and wet look. I will wax 1 time a month or 6 weeks. Most of the time I use a spray wax (average) every 10 days.

I usually look at the beading or sheeting with water that usually gives me some clue.

Agreed with the RW too! I use Pinnacle RW/w carnauba.

peterhurcos
04-26-2015, 03:08 PM
"Doing it to avoid their family" That's no joke.

I'm of the school that this would be counterproductive. Just as a matter of horse sense, applying considerable rubbing pressure to the paint on a weekly basis is going to wear the paint, no matter how good you are and how high a quality non-abrasive product you use.

Then there is the law of averages. Sooner or later, you are going to mar your paint by some small error or another. If you wax your car 4X per year, that's one thing, if you wax it 50 times per year, the chances, whatever they are, go up by a factor of 12.

JHL88
04-26-2015, 03:42 PM
if it stays in a garage i think waxing once a month is still too much.