PDA

View Full Version : Product for cleaning Rims?

Pages : [1] 2

ChaoscripT
04-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Hi,
Is there any good product that I can use to clean my rims ?
Currently I use Sonax Xtreme full effect,
http://www.ramy4x4.com/img/p/467-470-thickbox.jpg

But I know that it's not good to use every wash, so I prefer good and strong product that I can use every wash .

Regards.

Mantilgh
04-25-2015, 09:41 AM
I would think that what you are currently using would be one of the best options and would not be harmful to use regularly.

Is there something that you are reading that says other wise?

About the only thing I can think of that is safer is just using a dedicated wash mitt and your normal car wash solution. A lot of other wheel cleaners are fairly acidic or basic. The Sonax should be relatively pH neutral.

Is the Sonax not working for you?

How are your rims finished, clear coated, chrome, polished raw aluminum, stealies?

dcjredline
04-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Sonax may be a little expensive but I dont think its bad for the wheels to use every time. Maybe go with an OTC product like Meguiar's All wheel cleaner (or the one specific to your wheel type) or the Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner.

Also if your wheels arent very dirty each time just mist them with one or 2 sprays to conserve product.

MPBGT
04-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Why not try Meg's dub wheel cleaner. It works well and is similar to sonax.

ChaoscripT
05-19-2015, 02:41 PM
What you think about CG PREMIUM BLUE WHEEL & RIM CLEAN as I can dilulate it.

Regards.

Rsurfer
05-19-2015, 04:02 PM
What you think about CG PREMIUM BLUE WHEEL & RIM CLEAN as I can dilulate it.

Regards.

If you coat/seal your wheels, all you will need to clean is soap and water.

ChaoscripT
05-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Currently I don't have coat/seal on my wheels.

Regards.

mcmanus
05-19-2015, 09:24 PM
I use Griots Garage "wheel cleaner" with a Daytona speed masters brush.

Works fantastic especially since my rims have a combo of matte and chrome finishes.

Klasse Act
05-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Why not try Meg's dub wheel cleaner. It works well and is similar to sonax.

...and its available OTC, so you can go out and get it ASAP! Its the best wheel cleaner I've ever used from a perf and price standpoint :props:

I bought a ton of it when it was on sale a couple monthes ago, I have a gallon and half total. Even at its regular price at the store its half of what Sonux is, it just can't be beat!!

trekkeruss
05-19-2015, 09:38 PM
If you coat/seal your wheels, all you will need to clean is soap and water.

A side benefit is if you use a tire coating (like Tuff Shine or Turtle Wax), a soap and water cleaning is gentle and won't strip it off the coating.

ChaoscripT
05-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi,
Is there any product strong like Sonax that I can dilulate it ?

Regards.

tpr1634
05-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Malco brake off you could dilute it, it's strong stuff not for maintaince use. Do use on bare aluminum.

geekdout
05-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Meguiars D143 Nonacidic wheel and tire cleaner can be diluted to your cleaning needs and it works great. It does have a bit of a smell to it but I feel like that's to be expected from a wheel cleaner.

There is also Meguiars D140 Wheel Brightener but this cleaner is very strong and at least for me is a last resort. Proper protection must be used when using this cleaner, at least use chemical resistant gloves.

ChaoscripT
05-30-2015, 04:43 AM
And something like change color and can be dilulate ? there is something like that ?

Regards.

Calendyr
05-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Sonax may be a little expensive but I dont think its bad for the wheels to use every time. Maybe go with an OTC product like Meguiar's All wheel cleaner (or the one specific to your wheel type) or the Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner.

Also if your wheels arent very dirty each time just mist them with one or 2 sprays to conserve product.

Megs over the counter Wheel products are expensive. Around here it's 12-14$ per bottle and it doesn't last that long. Wheel brightener is 16$ per gallon of concentrate and it makes 5 gallons of usable product. That is a a much better cost effective product. Of course it's not for uncoated wheels but those are really rare anyways.