PDA

View Full Version : Backplate for megs mf pads???

TruckerRL
04-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Meguiars specifies the W67DA for use with the mf pads but only one I see for sale anywhere is the DBP5 backplate. Is buying the starter kit the only way to get this or is the DBP5 the replacement? Or will ANY 5" BP work?

I am curious to try the mf pads. I have the older pc7336 and want to run smaller pads and see if it improves the performance before I decide to replace it or make it a "small pad machine" (3 & 4" pads) and add a 7424xp. I have a rotary and LOVE the finish but want something to make certain there are no marks left behind.

Belair
04-24-2015, 05:43 PM
I bought the plate separately a couple of years ago from Megs. It's recommended that you use that specific one.

TruckerRL
04-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Not available there either. Only the DBP5 is available on website/store. Was hoping someone would know so I didn't have to wait all weekend for a response directly.

The Guz
04-24-2015, 08:42 PM
The yellow backing plate has been replaced by the new black one. The black one will work just fine with the new thin foam pads and the MF pads.

TruckerRL
04-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks! I figured that links for the old plate were linking to the new one so it must be the replacement. Now just need to get rest of my order together and prepare to go over my jeep that hasn't been touched In 3 years, ugh

wdmaccord
04-24-2015, 11:38 PM
I use my LC backing plates. No issues.

d33p
04-25-2015, 12:15 AM
I bought the plate separately a couple of years ago from Megs. It's recommended that you use that specific one.

Yet the 5" MF DA kit contains the W67DA

cardaddy
04-25-2015, 06:51 AM
Honestly, they dams 5" starter kit is a really good deal. :-)

Considering you get 2 cutting Pads, 2 finishing pads, a (clog free) bottle of both d300 and d301 plus the backing plate... And they even throw in a snazzy Meguiars detailing apron. ;)

I liked it so much about two kits! :laughing:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

evangorp
04-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Honestly, they dams 5" starter kit is a really good deal. :-)

Considering you get 2 cutting Pads, 2 finishing pads, a (clog free) bottle of both d300 and d301 plus the backing plate... And they even throw in a snazzy Meguiars detailing apron. ;)

I liked it so much about two kits! :laughing:

Does 302 add any additional benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruckerRL
04-25-2015, 12:58 PM
If you price it out without the "free" apron the cost is very close with all things being on sale right now. I didn't want the D301 either as I already have cleaner wax and not sure I want/need the finishing pads either.

The D302 is a final polish like the M205 so that would depend on the finish you get from the 300 with the cutting pad. The 301 is like a cleaner wax, so a wax and very light polishing ability.

cardaddy
04-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Does 302 add any additional benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The D301 is a very fine polish with a finishing wax (somewhat of a sealant even). It does have correcting ability and you can adjust that based on the pad you use (of course you can adjust all polishes with the pad). ;)

The neat part about it is it will work with microfiber pads which typically aren't known for final finishing abilities. Works quite well in fact. :)

The newer D302 probably should have been there to begin with as it literally inserts itself between 300 and 301. It is a fairly fine polish maybe along the lines of UP, likely less than 205.