PDA

View Full Version : SunJoe SPX3000

Pages : [1] 2

fotomatt1
04-24-2015, 12:06 PM
I've been looking for an electric pressure washer for a while, and today Home Depot has the Sun Joe SPX3000 on sale for $159. I know it's not the best pressure washer, but I think for light use with a foam cannon it's probably pretty good. Should I pull the trigger on it at this price?

Goin Rogue
04-24-2015, 01:23 PM
That is a good price. I got mine from Amazon, for about $169. It works great with my Autogeek foam cannon.

fotomatt1
04-24-2015, 01:24 PM
I ordered it...now just have to order the foam cannon. From what I can tell I need the MTM 14.0349. Does that come with a compatible fitting for the SPX3000? It says it's specifically for Karcher, but it also says it includes other fittings.

Goin Rogue
04-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Autogeek Pressure Washer Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html)
This is the one I purchased and got a quick disconnet from Lowe's.

d33p
04-24-2015, 03:44 PM
The mtm one you are looking for is on Amazon and comes with the QD fitting you need. I have the same sun joe and it works fine.

CaveRacing
05-21-2015, 04:57 AM
The SunJoe spx3000 is on sale again at Home Depot for $159.20 through 5/24/2015. I just ordered mine.

Creedmoor
05-21-2015, 04:16 PM
I ordered an AR 383 off ebay #381252052374 for $140 shipped and have put it through some heavy duty use. Comes with turbo nozzle lance and regular adjustable lance.

I cleaned a 100' concrete driveway with a 3 car parking pad that had heavy mold and probably had not been cleaned in 10 years. Then I did the same to 3 Trex decks that were covered in green and black mold. My neighbor borrowed it and did his driveway, I think it was in worse shape but smaller than mine and his two huge Trex decks.

Machine worked like a champ. I have read that the AR has a decent pump and that is why I chose it. AR stands for Annovi Reverberi and they make excellent pumps.

AR makes connectors that allow connections to normal US stuff like a foam cannon and a Flexzilla hose (AL555 (http://goo.gl/mqnf1b)).

Another option for the foam cannon is to get a brass connector sold on ebay that fits the AR, ebay item number 321516845493 for less than $10 shipped.

Happy with purchase, except for the stiff hose which I have now replaced.

02whitetundra
05-24-2015, 11:22 AM
I just received this SunJoe washer and it leaks out from the bottom of the aluminum hose outlet. Is it supposed to do that? The hose adapter is in tight and that's not where it's leaking from. water is coming out from the bottom. Just curious.

spewking
05-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Bought a sj3000 for $152 and a 3 year extended warranty (so 5 years total) from Walmart.

Put it together this am and will crank up tomorrow!!!

CaveRacing
05-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Mine arrives Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait!

mwoolfso
05-25-2015, 07:50 AM
I just received this SunJoe washer and it leaks out from the bottom of the aluminum hose outlet. Is it supposed to do that? The hose adapter is in tight and that's not where it's leaking from. water is coming out from the bottom. Just curious.

Ditch the plastic connectors so that you eliminate any pastic-to-metal connections. That's what I did to remove this situation.

spewking
05-30-2015, 06:42 PM

Water is leaking out of the bottom of mine. Did you identify the cause? Did it affect the pressure?

I have metal adapters both for the inbound hose and the m22 pipe to attach the wand hose. It appears the volume of water is quite a bit more than any minute leak that might remain at the adapter.

Thoughts?

David

aim4squirrels
05-30-2015, 07:09 PM
Mine doesn't leak a drop, but their included plastic hose-to-machine coupler is very easy to cross thread, and the more times it happens, the quicker it "jumps" the threads with the slightest touch.

You could eliminate the adapters and see if that solves it.

If you're sure it's not that threaded piece or adapter related, send it back and get a new one immediately. Mine doesn't leak a drop after I replaced that plastic part, the pump doesn't even momentarily run to rebuild pressure even if it sits for 15 minutes turned on.

spewking
05-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Mine doesn't leak a drop, but their included plastic hose-to-machine coupler is very easy to cross thread, and the more times it happens, the quicker it "jumps" the threads with the slightest touch.

You could eliminate the adapters and see if that solves it.

If you're sure it's not that threaded piece or adapter related, send it back and get a new one immediately. Mine doesn't leak a drop after I replaced that plastic part, the pump doesn't even momentarily run to rebuild pressure even if it sits for 15 minutes turned on.

I have brass adapters on both garden hose and output, so that's not it.

The pump cycles on for just a few seconds every 30 seconds or so....so if yours does not, such suggests I have a pump leak and it cycles on to build the lost pressure as water is resupplied to the pump.

Sounds like I have a defective pump seal.

02whitetundra
06-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Mine had the brass adapter as well. It wasn't leaking there. Water was coming out the bottom vent area. I returned it and bought the Ar 118. Much better machine for me, no chance of it falling over either.