PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Pad help!

Calendyr
04-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Hey guys,

I contacted David Patterson at Lake Country and he suggested I buy the HD Orbital pads for my Rupes Bigfoot 21. The problem is that I can't find them on Autogeek... The sale ends in about an hour so I need to place the order now ;(

Any idea if these pads might appear Under a different name on Autogeek store?

If not what should I buy? I need to replace my Buff and Shine pads because they keep flying off the backplate and I know that at some point I will be tired after a long day of detailing and I will have an accident.

Need the answer really quickly...

conman1395
04-23-2015, 09:24 PM
Straight from Google: http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-hd-orbital-pads.html

2old2change
04-23-2015, 09:27 PM
You will find the LC HD pads extremely tough and durable.

Calendyr
04-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks so much! I should have thought to Google it... the Autogeek search engine was returning nothing so I thought they were not available. Your a life saver! Thanks again!

dlc95
04-23-2015, 10:24 PM
What sale?

dlc95
04-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Damn... I thought the sale was for sunshades only... Thanks Calendyr.

Coppertop80
04-23-2015, 11:27 PM
If not what should I buy? I need to replace my Buff and Shine pads because they keep flying off the backplate and I know that at some point I will be tired after a long day of detailing and I will have an accident.

Need the answer really quickly...

Honestly I've been using my Rupes 21 with a 5" backing plate and KB mod. I'm using Lake Country CCS pads and never had an issue with them flying off the backing plate. Maybe its just the Buff & Shine pads.

Calendyr
04-24-2015, 01:08 AM
No problem DLC95 ;)

And regarding the pads flying off, I think the issue is with the type of hook and loop B&S is using is incompatible with Rupes Hook and Loop backplates. I think Mike has a chapter regarding this in his book... or it might be Renny... can't remember. Not all hook and loops systems are compatible with one an other.

I will re-install the 5 inch backing plate on my Meguiars G110V2 and use my Buff and Shine pads for curved surfaces.

I ordered a lot of pads (HD Orbital) for my Rupes.

I also ordered a lot of CCS pads for my Dewalt Rotary.

I wish there was a deal for multiple pads for the HD Orbitals like there is for the CCS... ;(

Now the long waiting time starts. I hate how long it takes to bring stuff from the US to Canada.

Coppertop80
04-24-2015, 07:34 AM
You should try and order from Olde town auto spa, I know they carry Lake Country HD pads. Prices are good and you'll get your order in 2 days approximately.

Calendyr
04-24-2015, 11:35 AM
You should try and order from Olde town auto spa, I know they carry Lake Country HD pads. Prices are good and you'll get your order in 2 days approximately.

I used to, then the owner made some drama and I black listed him. People who don't respect their Customer don't get my business.

Jaretr1
04-24-2015, 02:42 PM

@Coppertop80, Its not very cool to come on Autogeeks forum and recommend going to another company for products carried at Autogeek.

Calendyr
04-24-2015, 02:54 PM
@Coppertop80, Its not very cool to come on Autogeeks forum and recommend going to another company for products carried at Autogeek.

On the other hand Autogeek has a sections for international distributors. So I don't think they mind. What would be really great is if PMG opened a store in Canada!

Coppertop80
04-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Well I was just trying to help a fellow Canadian and BTW I found Olde Town Auto Spa though Autogeek's international distributor section so I didn't mean to offend.

Calendyr
04-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Well I was just trying to help a fellow Canadian and BTW I found Olde Town Auto Spa though Autogeek's international distributor section so I didn't mean to offend.

You didn't. Thanks for trying to help. :dblthumb2: