PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Ultima Paint Prep Plus experts...

Crashpuppy
04-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Greetings,

Time has come for the spring detail (even though we had more snowflakes in the air again this morning), and going through my box of detailing goodies, I discovered the Ultima Paint Prep Plus that I had bought last year as a prep for the winter's Collinite 845. I'd like to use some other LSP for summer, and prep the paint with UPPP again, but I'm not sure about its compatibility with other sealants.

If UPPP is the last product used before sealing, does it matter whether the sealant chosen is solvent-based (like the 845, which worked fine with it) or water-based? I know that Polycharger as a separate product used to be sold in different formulations for the two, and wondered if I might run into unnecessary issues if I choose the "wrong" kind of sealant for the UPPP.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Crashman

conquistador
04-23-2015, 09:02 PM
It doesn't matter what selant/ wax you use after. I don't buy into the marketing idea of "synergistic compatibility".

Crashpuppy
04-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Conquistador!

It's easy to get tied up in knots analyzing detailing products if you're not careful. While there are a few products which have been shown to not be the best match for each other, they do seem very few and far between, especially if complete failure to perform as advertised is the concern.

I think I'll find a nice looking LSP for the summer and put it on over the UPPP. I doubt the paint will fall off if I happen to pick one of the rare products that may have issues with it!

Regards,
Crashman

FUNX650
04-23-2015, 09:51 PM
If you were satisfied with Collinite #845 for the Winter
months...What would be so wrong to make it easy on yourself, and just go ahead and use it as your LSP
for the Spring/Summer/Fall months as well?

Bob