PDA

View Full Version : Polish pad?

LAKings22
04-23-2015, 05:17 PM
I'm getting ready to start my first detail tomorrow morning and I have a few last minute questions.

My current set up is:
Flex 3401
3 orange pads
3 white pads
1 black pad
1 red pad
1 blue pad
Wolfgang compound
Wolfgang swirl remover
Wolfgang glaze
3d HD adapt (comp/wax)
3d HD pozy (wax/sealent)

I'm planning on using the 3d hd products for this job and my question is, when I start with the orange pad, do I use that 1 pad for the whole car or do I need to switch to a new one after a certain point?

I'm going to make 1 more stop to 3d after work today. Should I get more pads?

Don't know if this matters but I'm going to be working on a 09 Toyota camry (white) daily driver parked outdoor.

Kamakaz1961
04-23-2015, 05:42 PM
IMO More pads cannot hurt. I know Mike Phillips has a thread regarding how many pads to use on a car. I would utilize all 3 for effective use. 2 is OK but remember, too much product or the pad becomes saturated it starts losing is effectiveness to do what its supposed to do.

I used to use 1 pad only, however, after experience 2 seems to be good for me. I just go after 1/2 of the car. If it is a larger vehicle (SUV) then 3 Pads is the way I go.

Some use more pads. It's all up to what you think is good for you.

Either way you are gonna kick AZZ!

LAKings22
04-23-2015, 06:20 PM
IMO More pads cannot hurt. I know Mike Phillips has a thread regarding how many pads to use on a car. I would utilize all 3 for effective use. 2 is OK but remember, too much product or the pad becomes saturated it starts losing is effectiveness to do what its supposed to do.

I used to use 1 pad only, however, after experience 2 seems to be good for me. I just go after 1/2 of the car. If it is a larger vehicle (SUV) then 3 Pads is the way I go.

Some use more pads. It's all up to what you think is good for you.

Either way you are gonna kick AZZ!
Thank you. I'll pick up a few more from 3d just to be safe. I took the day off work for this, can't wait.